• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: SR22 vs M&P 22

Thankds for the reply. I currently have the Ruger but I also have a M&P pro 5 inch and I thought it would be good to have the 22 version of the M&P for training. I have really small hands. I like the Ruger fine and it has been reliable with good ammo. With the Ruger, I don't understand why they decided it would be better to push up to turn the safety off. Why would they do this?

If you have and shoot an M&P, I say go with the M&P. You will like it. Its a nice pistol and the feel is close enough to the bigger caliber versions. There are several reviews floating around if you google it. Reliability is good, mine eats up all the bulk ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 243Varminter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thankds for the reply. I currently have the Ruger but I also have a M&P pro 5 inch and I thought it would be good to have the 22 version of the M&P for training. I have really small hands. I like the Ruger fine and it has been reliable with good ammo. With the Ruger, I don't understand why they decided it would be better to push up to turn the safety off. Why would they do this?</div></div>

Someone chime in if I am wrong, but I believe they did this to mimic the full size SR-9/40 "2 way" decocker

I haven't really been able to get out and play with the sr-22 but i am a fan of the m&p22. I have a sig mosquito and am a big sig fan owning quite a few. While i like the mosquito i just wish they made it on a little larger frame and left all the safeties off, also the first pull of the trigger uncocked is brutal. I have a friend with a m&p and after a day plinking going back and forth between the two i have contemplated getting rid of the mosquito in favor of the m&p, just felt more comfortable and all i shoot for big boy guns are glocks and sigs (and one Beretta, had add one since i had so much crap left over from the corps.)

M&P22 if you are used to striker fired guns since the trigger mimics that system, plus if you want a true trainer for your full size M&P.

SR22 if you want DA/SA and just a fun gun.

I've got Browning Buckmarks but if I were choosing between the SR22 and M&P22 I would choose the M&P22.

Can't tell you which is best but out of all the handguns I've owned I like the MP 22 the best. My dealer let me try my can on it the other day and it made the remaining months look very difficult. I put a CT Railmaster on it for night shooting and it is awesome. Runs all ammo great and has a fine trigger. Hope I don't burn all my LR before it starts getting back in stores.