• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SRS bolt problum?

blueinlight

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
I cant figure this thing out! after about 100 rounds on my desert Tactical rifle (308) i find the striker is not hitting the firing pin hard enough. The pin is ok and I cleaned the bolt really well and do not see any damage. Not the ammo either. If I lift the bolt handle up a second time then it sometimes works. Is this a rifle one can depend on when its really needed? Good luck trying to catch anyone at the factory seems these guys are always out to lunch. Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

Re: SRS bolt problum?

I had the same problem with mine. You need to disassemble the bolt, and adjust the set screw in (clockwise) that makes the push pin stick out so it catches the outer sliding sleeve in the L- shaped cut out. DTA told me they are now using loc-tite on that screw to prevent this.

Hope this helps and don't worry your $5000 dollar rifle isn't junk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bebberson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the same problem with mine. You need to disassemble the bolt, and adjust the set screw in (clockwise) that makes the push pin stick out so it catches the outer sliding sleeve in the L- shaped cut out. DTA told me they are now using loc-tite on that screw to prevent this.

Hope this helps and don't worry your $5000 dollar rifle isn't junk. </div></div>

No no... it's most definitely junk. Just send it to me for recycling and I'll pay shipping.
grin.gif

No problem hope I explained it good enough.

yep that worked. Nice to see the bolt is pretty straight forward and not so many parts. thanks again.