• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS 10X42 : how to clean the dirt inside?

Kevin1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Allen, TX, USA
I had some dirt on the reticule. So I took out the eyepiece (just had to screw it out) and tried to clean the glass that’s accessible when you move out the eyepiece as best as I could the (I used my DSLR’s air blaster, a microfiber cleaning cloth with a drop of a lens cleaning product). It’s pretty clean now but I’m not able to get everything out. Does anyone have a better cleaning method?

Thanks,

Re: SS 10X42 : how to clean the dirt inside?

send it back to SS or call em. I bet it's gas filled and if there is dirt in there, then the gas is either leaked out or the dirt was there in the first place.

Thanks,
This morning I dropped an email to [email protected]
Let's see what they say. I'm not sure that it's gas filled though, as I was able to unscrew the eyepiece pretty easily. Opening the eyepiece got even more dirt on the reticule.

well, it WAS gas filled. And now, it's out of warranty!

Just teasing.
I'd call them and DON"T try to "fix" anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks,
This morning I dropped an email to [email protected]
Let's see what they say. I'm not sure that it's gas filled though, as I was able to unscrew the eyepiece pretty easily. Opening the eyepiece got even more dirt on the reticule. </div></div>

PM Sent

Skylar, thanks a lot for your help. I had a couple of issue with my scope (bought used) that he wasn’t able to totally fix, so he send me a brand new one. For me, such good customer service is a pretty good incentive to choose SWFA again when time comes to upgrade my current scope.