• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS 3-9x42 Mil Quad Reticle Thickness

phillietimothy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Philadelphia, PA.
According to several posts here, the SS 3-9x42 mil quad reticle is thicker than the 10x or the 5-20x. Does anyone know how thick? By the way, the 3-9 has the closed diamonds while the 10x and 5-20x have the open diamonds. I know the reticle thickness of the 10x and the 5-20x is .05 mil. How much thicker is the 3-9x? Thank you.
Tim

Re: SS 3-9x42 Mil Quad Reticle Thickness

The solid posts are twice as thick. Not the ranging part of the reticle, bu the solid heavy black posts on the outside of the reticle that go away as magnification is increased.

BillyBurl2,
Thanks for the reply. If I understand you correctly, everything is the same except the thick posts?
Tim

I was corrected over Optics Talk, the cross-hairs are .07 mil instead of .05 mil on the other scopes.

On the drawing I got from SWFA, it shows that the thick black posts are 1.2 mils thick.

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the diagram they sent me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the drawing I got from SWFA, it shows that the thick black posts are 1.2 mils thick.

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the diagram they sent me. </div></div>

MP15,

Thanks a lot. I received the e-mail with the diagrams.

Tim