• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SS scope on a .22?

BenY 2013

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
SW Arkansas
I am thinking of putting a SS mil/mil scope on my .22, will eventually be shooting at some distance with the .22 but also will be shooting at 25yds as well. So my question is 10 or 12x for those who have experience? I'm leaning towards the 12. Also need a set of rings I guess...thinking weaver tactical lows? I want this thing to be as low as possible, better rings to get it lower? I do run a 1 piece rail.

And if anyone has pictures of a SS scope on a .22 I would like to see them, so I can get an idea of what it will look like. Thanks in advance!

Re: SS scope on a .22?

I am in the same boat as you. I like the !0x with side paralax adjustment. Which rings would clear a 42mm on a savage fv-sr. .824 or larger? Sorry for the hi jack.

I am going to do this for sure when funds become available! Just need to to know what rings? I think the 12x power will be best for my purposes, what can I say I like magnification!

Any pics would be very much appreciated!

A980FF2D.jpg

Mine likes to wear the 5-20 when the 338 doesn't need it, but in all honesty I plan to get a 10x for it eventually

10x hd would be a great one for it. Hell you can get out to 800 no problem what so ever with one on a 308 I doubt the .22 is gonna need more magnification than that. I just swapped my 10X on my 308 put to try out a millet. I was actually about to put it on my .22 this weekend to see how it works out.

The SS is a great choice.. Glass is clear, and the 16 power is a great choice... If shooting a lot below 50 yards maybe the 10x is a better choice... Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayne_b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elkaddict will that focus down to 25 yards? </div></div>

+1? ... and btw, it looks great on your ruger