• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SSA-E

M24_SWS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2010
Somersworth, NH
Well i installed the Geissele SSA-E small pin trigger into my Mk12 Mod 1 rifle. Heres a few things i learned.

Although 5/32 punch is used and fits perfectly in the receiver for the pins i decided to use a smaller punch as i didnt want to accidently shave any metal from the receiver thereby opening the pins holes.

Removing the old hammer was interesting, it decided to jump out of the receiver...that was interesting even though it was in fired position.Good thing my hand was over the hammer lol.

Installing the new hammer was a pain as your fighting the spring and trying to hold onto the hammer so it doesnt go flying.

Using the slave pin provided with the SSA-E helped a lot.

I did a function check of SAFE and FIRE and the trigger worked perfectly.

The trigger is FLAWLESS. It is so crisp and precise. If anyone is on the fence as to get a Geissele SSA-E......hop over the fence and get the trigger, you will love it. I sure did.

One thing to add..the directions to install the trigger were excellent. Also i have never installed a trigger before and i really enjoyed it.

Heath

Re: SSA-E

It's very nice indeed just put one in my mk12 mod 1. Crisp as hell and smooth as can be.

NICE, I have the SSA and will probably pick up an SSA-E to put in my SPR build. Geiselle's are really the only choice next to the Wilson TTU imo. I seen someone's post about choosing a Timney for their AR. Just couldn't disagree more.

Make sure to use the lubricant that should have come with the trigger to lube the trigger springs for a while. It will make a difference.

+1 on SSA-E! but I am of the opinion that all Geissele triggers are fantastic ---each has a particular best use--wonder if they will ever make bolt-gun triggers?

Well i shot the Mk12 today with the ssa-e. The trigger is awesome in every way. I could instantly tell when shooting the gun that follow up shots were perfect and also the trigger was not gritty. Also i lubed the trigger according to the instruction sheets. I understand with triggers that they work themselves in so for first firing today the trigger was flawless...be nice to see it work itself in and see how it works then.

Accuracy is repeatability, so if you have a excellent trigger you get more rounds on target and spend less ammo trying to get the groups you want. So the trigger wil pay for itself.

Heath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on SSA-E! but I am of the opinion that all Geissele triggers are fantastic ---each has a particular best use--wonder if they will ever make bolt-gun triggers?</div></div>

Just started a thread in the bolt action section about two stage triggers for bolt guns. I'm wondering the same though i think Bill needs to extend into the bolt gun department. Hell they're already known for ARs, and if he added a quality two stage in the bolt gun, I'm sure Giessele would be the go to for two stage in bolt rifles.

i have used to ssa's in the past and got the ssa-e model to try out. i couldnt honestly tell a difference between the two. just my two cents.

Great to hear. I have a S3G and SSA-E in the mail right now. I should be installing them in a couple of days.

I love the SSA-E, I have several on my precision type builds and use the 'old school' SSA on my carbine weapons. They are fantastic triggers indeed!

after reading the reviews on the ssa-e a while ago i bought 2 for my rifles to test out. now it is the only trigger i run on all of my ar15's

I love mine. Also did a lot of reading on the ssa and the ssa-e and decided on the ssa-e. although I've never felt the ssa I still love the e.

So I'm on the fence between the SSA-E and the HS-M for my AR-10T .243. Obviously, this is a hunting and long range rig. It will probably be shot off of a rest or bipod under controlled conditions(ie not running and gunning)

With that knowledge, which trigger would you get?

TIA,

Gary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I'm on the fence between the SSA-E and the HS-M for my AR-10T .243. <span style="font-weight: bold">Obviously, this is a hunting and long range rig. It will probably be shot off of a rest or bipod under controlled conditions(ie not running and gunning)

With that knowledge, which trigger would you get?</span>

TIA,

Gary</div></div>

You answered your own question. The Geissele SSA-E would better fit your needs than the HS-M.

Just installed an SSA in my SBR AR-15, an SSA-E in my "shooter" AR-15, and a SD-E (Super Dynamic Enhanced) in my AR-10(ish). Cant wait to get out and shoot them all!
smile.gif

I love Geissele's offerings. One resides in all my ARs. I'm a diehard 2-stage fan. I tried the SD3G once and did not like it at all. It wasn't the weight that bothered me. I was used to prepping the trigger before breaking the shot.

I just installed a High-Speed Match - DMR in my LaRue OBR to replace the stock SSA. I had never replaced a trigger before either but it was a snap after reading the instructions and watching the videos on their site. I paid a little more to have the adjustment features but it is just about perfect for my needs right out of the box - a first stage of 3 1/4 lbs and a second stage of 14 oz. Ought to be great for precision shooting in a 7.62.

My 5.56 version of the OBR has an SSA also, but it seems quite a bit lighter than the one that was in the 7.62. I'll leave it where it's at for now.

I have been using a jewell in mines for the past 12and years. Can anyone compare the 2?

i cant see myself using any thing other than a The Geissele SSA-E . i love it. i cant see myself building a riffle with out one.

Geissele makes a nice trigger but it is far from the best IMO. I'm surprised more folks do not run the JP. Must be an ease of installation thing....