• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ssg 3000

Silverjay

Minuteman
Sep 5, 2014
Nevada
First post here, hello all. I just came across a deal I could not pass up on a German made SSG 3000 with a 24" barrel. New in box, never been shot. Any thing to look out for or special requirements for this platform?

I can't speak to the German version, I've got the US one. By far one of the most accurate rifles I've ever used, from busting groundhogs at long range to shooting steel matches this gun has been phenomenal.

The only thing I don't like, which you won't have to deal with on the McMillan stock is the adjustable cheek piece on the US version. It's clunky and doesn't hold well.

That being said GRS is coming out with a chassis system for the 3000 here in the US at the end of the month so I might bite and get one.

I would buy with confidence as this rifle is a shooter.

I know there are some builders in Ohio as well that either have or are getting the barrel nuts/bushings so that various calibers can be spun up for the rig and installed. Another thing I like is the long action for seating heavier bullets out, and you could always have it rebarreled for a long action caliber.

Good luck

If it is truly unfired and under $3000 then buy it. If you decide you don't want to buy it then PM me with the info I may buy it. They are killer rifles!

I bought it already, at $1300 I figured I couldn't go wrong. Do they prefer 168's or 175's?

For $1,300 that is the steal of the century even if it's been fired.

You're sure it's not the US version? Even the US ones have German barrels on them

It has the McMillan stock and no P designation. I think that means the German model, but I could be wrong.

Well you made out then, that's dirt cheap for that rig. The US versions are going for $1,399 in stores.

That's a hell of a deal!! Congrats, you bought a great rifle. As far as the bullets either will shoot just fine just depends on what you are wanting to do. You can use anything from a 150g bullet up to a 185-190g bullet. The best part is the mags are long so you can load the long bullets and not encroach on the powder volume of the case.

get the AFAR Kit to mount picatinny bipods

a few months back, magazines were hard to find, but mags were released and can now be found. little spendy, but get extras.

since you got such a great deal, you can buy a quality scope for 1/2 price!
I got mine for 1/2 off :-D

as noted above, these things shoot most bullets very well.
I roll my own and 168 SMK makes me look good for the ranges I use

you're gonna love it!

Man,you dude's are killing me told myself not to buy another gun this year but sometimes I don't listen to self.

Wow You got one heck of a deal! Almost bought one of the US ones early this summer, but looked into spare mags and could not find a single one any were. So I got another SPR. But I realy want to get one of these sooner or later. Congrats!

Wow You got one heck of a deal! Almost bought one of the US ones early this summer, but looked into spare mags and could not find a single one any were. So I got another SPR. But I realy want to get one of these sooner or later. Congrats!

Spare mags will make you puke, $80-90 a piece. I bought one just to have on hand.

Spare mags will make you puke, $80-90 a piece. I bought one just to have on hand.

Yea I saw that when I was looking to get one. My $35 SPR mags are a lot less painful! My problem was no one had any mags in stock. Was ont going to buy a rifle and only have one mag for it. But I think I may have to get one next year. Still can not believe the deal He got on it. I never luck out like that

Yea I saw that when I was looking to get one. My $35 SPR mags are a lot less painful! My problem was no one had any mags in stock. Was ont going to buy a rifle and only have one mag for it. But I think I may have to get one next year. Still can not believe the deal He got on it. I never luck out like that

Yeah that's what I thought too, around $1500-$1700 off a brand new rifle. I'd buy a lottery ticket if I were him too.

Yeah that's what I thought too, around $1500-$1700 off a brand new rifle. I'd buy a lottery ticket if I were him too.
Not to hijack this mans thread, but can you tell me what problems you have had with the US stock cheek piece?

Not to hijack this mans thread, but can you tell me what problems you have had with the US stock cheek piece?

The only issue has been when shooting steel matches in weird positions. The recoil of the rifle was such that the cheek piece would collapse as a result of my head being rested against it. It's a two button detent, squeeze both buttons and it'll move up and down. Or, put a fair amount of force on it with your hand and it will collapse.

Not a deal breaker or anything, just an occasional annoyance. I guess in the end you got to realize you're getting one heck of a nice platform for $1,300, they had to cut costs somewhere to make it happen.

The engineer in me says I could easily come up with a fix to make it a screw type adjustment that would be more stable.

Thanks dose not sound that bad at all. At at least not as bad as my stupid McMillin saddle that drops down ever five shots.

The only issue has been when shooting steel matches in weird positions. The recoil of the rifle was such that the cheek piece would collapse as a result of my head being rested against it. It's a two button detent, squeeze both buttons and it'll move up and down. Or, put a fair amount of force on it with your hand and it will collapse.

Not a deal breaker or anything, just an occasional annoyance. I guess in the end you got to realize you're getting one heck of a nice platform for $1,300, they had to cut costs somewhere to make it happen.

The engineer in me says I could easily come up with a fix to make it a screw type adjustment that would be more stable.

Man, this thing will shoot. Can only put paper at 100 yards where I shoot, but had two five round groups under .6" with 118lr. 12" plates were just boring out to 600. Only got 90 rounds through it so it should still get better. Need to find some place to stretch it out. The rifle also came with four mags and a bipod :).

Congrats on a killer score... I fire mine (us version) tomorrow for the first time... I can't wait.

Man, this thing will shoot. Can only put paper at 100 yards where I shoot, but had two five round groups under .6" with 118lr. 12" plates were just boring out to 600. Only got 90 rounds through it so it should still get better. Need to find some place to stretch it out. The rifle also came with four mags and a bipod :).

Great shooting! Man even came with 4 mags and a bipod. Thats like getting the rifle for $1,000 Thats crazy!!!!!!!

Cool, I've found 600 yards to be boring as well. Start shooting clay pigeons then it gets more interesting. :)