• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SSG new sponsor and they built me this thing

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
Straight shot Gunsmithing is a new sponsor here on the Hide. He has been building my rifles for a couple years. When he finished my last rifle he told me that he was going to become a sponsor here. I decided to write this because I have had more than a dozen rifles built by Nathan Dagley and they have all been tack drivers. SSG has built all of my match rifles and I’ve even been fortunate to win a couple matches with them. In fact at our local f class matches Nathans rifles won all the matches one year. This was between a couple different shooters but none the less and impressive showing of his rifles.
rifle1.jpg

action1.jpg

SSG has started to manufacture their own parts. This way they don’t have to rely on others to make sure they can get a rifle out in a timely manner. While they were building my 260 match rifle for this year.Nathan asked if I wanted to try there new product lines. I opted for SSG to install there new Tactical Bolt Knob and there version of a detachable bottom metal that runs the AICS mags. They also manufacture other parts but on this particular rifle I didn’t need them. I have there other parts on other rifles built by SSG. When you see the pictures below some of the pictures have the bottom metal coated and others don’t. SSG builds my rifles but lately I have been coating them myself. It’s a learning process.

The tactical bolt knob was built for the Hunting/Tactical shooter in mind. The knurling is great. With or without gloves you can get a good grip. As you can see from the picture to it also looks sweet.
bolthandle1.jpg

bolthandle2.jpg

The bottom metal is Awesome. When Nathan Designed this it was all about strength and dependability. He extended the mag box below the stock line. This aids when inserting a magazine. Once the mag is started there is no chance of it not going in straight like other designs. This also helps so the mag contacts more of the bottom mteal. This helps the mag not move side to side like other designs. While he was designing the bottom mteal he installed a new style latch. You can push the latch the same as a lot of other latches. This one has tabs that go out to the side. My new favorite way to release the latch is by simply extending my trigger finger and pushing the tip of my finger against the tabs. Nathan was talking about making a video to show how easy his bottom metal is to use even if you are blind folded. The bottom metal fits into any stock that is inlet for a M5 bottom metal.
bottommetal1.jpg

bottommetal2.jpg

bottommetal3.jpg

bottommetal4.jpg

bottommetal5.jpg

I can not recomend SSG enough.They have been manufactoring all of there parts so they can have a supply on hand so if anyone wants any of this stuff check out SSGs website. They are great to work with and build some amazing rifles. Check out SSG and Nathans site at http://straightshotgunsmithing.com/

Re: SSG new sponsor and they built me this thing

I have a 6X27 from SSG. I will also put out a shout for him. He does fantastic work.

Nate has built me a few rifles and I have nothing but good to say about him! Congratulations on becoming a new sponsor, Nate!

Nathan built my goto rifle,a 6x47L Mak tube gun.I shot a .173" 5 shot group with it and many .3" groups!

He's a great person as well.He does what he says he's going to do and stays in contact so your not left wondering how long things are going to take.

Nathan did the metal work on mine, he married a Surgeon RSR with a Brux tube in .243 and it has been outstanding. His brake is not fun to be on the line next to but the function and lack of shockwave on the shooter are excellent.

Since there are so many of you guys that have Nates rifles why dont you guys post them up so we can see them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ackleyfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle specs? </div></div>

this rifle is

Defiance action
seekins rail
benchmark 8 twist barrel
fluted at benchmarck
manners t5a stock
threaded for suppressor with thread protector
Jewell trigger
3.5x15x50 nxs npr1 HS ZS
SSG tactical bolt handle
SSG bottom metal
SSG built barreled action
tab sling
atlas V8 bipod
bedded in marine tex
coated in OD gun kote

1st group 6shots 1 was called flyer bad trigger break
260target.png

I do not have a rifle Nate built, but have had dealings with him. Great guy to deal with, top notch. From what I have seen he does great work.

ive had some pms about nates time frame for the parts listed above.

He has parts listed above in large quantities so just contact him if you need a bolt handle or bottom metal.

Toby,
Awesome groups. I better hurry up and get my .260 done the match season is coming up fast.
You did a great job on the pix. and the coating looks awesome!

P.S yes, I have about 400 bolt knobs and some are out to the anodizer, but within a week they should be back and ready to ship.

I only have about 45 bottom metals left, but will do my best to keep these in stock.

308nate

Curious, where in ND are you located?

ETA: Nevermind, I couldn't get on your page yesterday for some some reason. Works fine now.

I'm expecting two rifles from Nate in few weeks. Will post pix as soon as they arrive. Hunting 300WM and tactical/hunting 260. Can't wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting, what was the wait time? </div></div>

Coming up on a year on both rifles, but I've told him to take his time. Had to wait on one of the barrels and I don't have the time to shoot much due to work and two year old twins. Hard to find free time anymore. He also bought new equipment and was setting up his shop.
He used to advertise if you've ordered before April, you'll get it by the hunting season, but you'll have to ask.
Its great to see him making parts as well. You can search long range hunting forum for his builds and hunting videos.

tjonh2001,

great looking rifle by the way. Mine has the same stock (getting hydro dipped as we speak) with tan action, 20" Brux barrel w/aac blackout flashider and Williams bottom metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lou400a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tjonh2001,

great looking rifle by the way. Mine has the same stock (getting hydro dipped as we speak) with tan action, 20" Brux barrel w/aac blackout flashider and Williams bottom metal. </div></div>

you will like the stock i have 3 of them right now and they are sweet.

i have my titanium rifle being built as we speak hope to get it soon and im thinking about having the stock dipped. if you get your post a picture id like to see what it looks like.

Nate is gtg great guy and smith i have three guns that he either built or worked on and they all shoot amazingly. will tyr to get pics this weekend

Nate is putting on his finishing touch. About ready to ship.

Trued SS Rem 700
PT tig welded bolt w/Nate's bolt knob
260 Rem 20" Brux SS Barrel w/AAC SCAR-H flashider
Manners MCS-T5A hydro dipped with ATAC pattern
Nate's bottom metal
Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 TMR

9187.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lou400a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nate is putting on his finishing touch. About ready to ship.

Trued SS Rem 700
PT tig welded bolt w/Nate's bolt knob
260 Rem 20" Brux SS Barrel w/AAC SCAR-H flashider
Manners MCS-T5A hydro dipped with ATAC pattern
Nate's bottom metal
Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 TMR

9187.jpg
</div></div>

where did you get the stock dipped? cost?
thnaks

Nate had it done locally. Around $100?