• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ST 10 X 44 Right For Me?

SporterII

Minuteman
Nov 23, 2006
Central Fl. USA
I have a hotrod 223 needing glass. I usually find that I am at or under 10x especially when finding prarie dogs transitioning fron binos to rifle / scope.
My current standard 223 has a VXIII 4.5 - 14 X 50.
The glass is excellent.
I want different mechanical s [ Reticle and .1 Mil knobs ].
Will the ST-10 come thru with better glass?

Re: ST 10 X 44 Right For Me?

With no doubt it will be better glass, will it work for you? Only you can make that decision. Send me a pm and I'll get you a new st10 @ a used price......I might just talk you into a sn3 1.8-10 that I have ready to ship
wink.gif

As Lazy said, only you can decide if 10x is enough or right. As for the glass, YES it will be better. I did a side by side comparison between an Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 M1 and an ST10 I had at the time, it was a rainy over cast day and there was a lot of difference. Light transition with the USO was waaaay better!

I like the ST10 enough I ordered another one (from Lazy) and it should be on it's way anytime now.

I would say yes. Better glass better features. And it's made in the USA, which means alot to me.

Mine is a st10x37 fixed objective ( not a problem by the way). Erek is awesome, light up reticle is a gimmick IMO.

10x is more than enough for a 223, again that's my opinion.

Cheers

Lazy21 gave me a good quote on a st 10 but I keep looking hard at a t pal. I have shot a friends rifle with a t pal I liked it but due to my short arms didn't get a good feel for the overall clarity of the glass. Don't think you will be disappointed with anything USO makes.