• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stag Arms 10

SmartDonkey

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2018
I have a buddy looking for a 308 AR and he was wondering about the Stag 10 classic that midway has on sale right now. I don't know anything about it but told him I'd ask as he's not on any forums.

Even with my limited knowledge on it I could tell it would need a new butt-stock and pistol grip and that I'd probably put a brake on it if it was me- but other than that is it a good option? It is listed as being a $1600 gun on sale for $1000... and even at that discount they don't seem to be moving. It says how many are available at that price and it is the same number as was for sale a few days ago when he first showed it to me.

I can tell it's not a dpms style- but don't know if that is bad? He is not the kind of guy that likes to mess with and fine tune his gun- so something that is ready from the factory would be best. Is this one for him to stay clear of?

It looks like an aero receiver set with a basic barrel and parts set. They sell for about 1200 bucks on gunbroker.

At 1000 bucks I would take a chance on the new ruger. They can be found for 1050+tax. It has some really neat touches like a 2 stage trigger and adjustable gas system which aren't found on most AR10s under 2000 dollars.

I have a lefty 10 and love it. Stag is controlled by the same parent company that own aero.

Reactions: BCP
It looks like an aero receiver set with a basic barrel and parts set. They sell for about 1200 bucks on gunbroker.

At 1000 bucks I would take a chance on the new ruger. They can be found for 1050+tax. It has some really neat touches like a 2 stage trigger and adjustable gas system which aren't found on most AR10s under 2000 dollars.
All the newer Stag receiver sets I’ve seen have the Armalite angle cut instead of the DPMS radius. Aero may make them for Stag but they aren’t the same. Dpms parts will work with the stag receivers, ie barrels, handguards, bolt carrier groups, and lower parts kits.

Unless someone is looking for an ultra light 308, there is no way I’d opt for a new, completely proprietary system over a traditional system with readily available parts for repairs or upgrades. An adjustable gas block and 2 stage trigger can be added to any AR. Plus, it’s a Ruger.

I think what your seeing at midway is the stag 5.56 for that price. The 308 is $1550. If he wants to be in the sub $1000 for a 308 it’s going to be a gamble on quality.

Codiekfx400-

After seeing your post I went and looked at them again- and they raised the price today. Yesterday the 5.56 was $799 and the 308 was $999- it even said "35% off" under it. Not saying it wasn't a mistake and don't know if they would have honored the price. I did tell my friend yesterday that if I was looking for one I'd gamble at that price- and think he was going to do it-- but haven't heard if he got one ordered before a rather drastic price increase (I'm sure he wouldn't buy one at the new price)

Reactions: Codiekfx400