• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stag Arms Trigger Issues

robescc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2010
Everett, WA
Last week I finally received my new Stag Arms Model 8. Yesterday I went out and ran it for the first time. On the second round, the it had a FTF. I didn't think anything of it because it was the second round on a new gun. After that it ate everything I ran through it. American Eagle, Herters, Tulammo, and Winchester 5.56. After about 150 rounds, it started acting up. Aft firing a round, it would eject the empty case and load a new round but the trigger would stick. Like the hammer didn't reset. I tried several things but the only thing was the pull the charging handle back half way and letting it close. I field stripped it and cleaned what I could with what I had. I continued to fight with it for another 10 minutes and then all of a sudden it ran fine again. I had 2 other ftf's the rest of the day.
When I got home, I cleaned the upper and lower. I isolated it to the trigger. When the hammer is released and reset when the trigger is held down, the hammer gets stuck instead of popping up a little when the trigger is released.
What do I do to fix this? Should I send it back to Stag?

Re: Stag Arms Trigger Issues

If your not comfortable fixing it your self, send it back to Stag. If you don't want to send it back try taking the trigger apart and check for rub spots that might be dragging and relube the pins and grease the engagement edges. Some triggers take a little while to wear in. Good luck

Excellent advice. Clean and properly lube then dry and real fire.

Is this a standard mil-spec single stage trigger? I would take a look at the disconnector and disconnector spring for any binding and/or debris in the area that's causing your issue. A primer may have popped off and lodged itself in the trigger?

I have had 3 of these in the past two weeks. All on brand new stags. There is a burr on the disconnector and a ridge where it sits on the hammer.

These two things work against each other and cause this. You can smooth both surfaces with a stone or light grit sand paper or you can lube it up good and let it wear in.

Very easy fix but I fear someone slipped up on the QC of a new batch of parts.

i thought stag had a lifetime warrant? send it back maybe they will through in a trigger upgrade for your hassle,ya never know?

Thank for the advice guys. I am going to call in the morning. They should stand behind their product. I don't want to have to do anything to it. You never know, it could void the warranty.