• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stalker at my house

I liked the punji pits with stakes. Put little bells on them so you know when he goes in and keep the Bobcat warmed up and ready to fill in the holes.
I imagined someone loosing a wild bobcat on the guy that just fell in the punji pit.... But yeah using the tracked machine to bury them is also a good idea.

DA in Albuquerque will not allow fingerprinting on outside windows anyone can touch and I found this out after my truck was broken into! I say slide a big old fat rattler in the wife's car and just do not drive it until the smart guy finishes his smoke! I would also find me a tracking dog and find this worthless POS! He should make a little noise trying to get the fangs outta his leg as he departs the car!

Cameras are good, this is a little more immediate.

He is there when she comes home.

He is in the house with her.

He goes with her in the car.

They have built in scum-bag detectors.

Yes, you vacuum the house every other day, so what.

Get a really hard dog.

Ok, reports are filed. Now, it is not about catching him, it is about protecting the Mrs and identifying the sob. No traps. Cameras. Everywhere. All around the house, in the cars, on the roof, everywhere. Get the Mrs a simple to operate shotgun, short barrel, 12 gauge. Train her. Go to the bedroom, call the cops, get the gun, put the phone down. Do not fire until he's in the room. Yell allot before then.

It is a very scary thing. When it happened to us the Mrs and I had the firearm use discussion. She could not come to grips with the possibility of using one so she could not safely carry one. The BG would take it off her. Thank God for the state police, they hovered over her for a couple weeks until they caught the bastard. I knew who it was, and was ready to go hunting, it was hard not to. But the cops were so good I did not have to worry. To this day, they still check in with us and its been 15 years.

Read through the thread. All the OP's missus needs is a clear lane, but I think he'd be a lot happier just seeing this creep cuffed and stuffed.

I wish something was taken, it would make me feel better. I can deal with a neighbor kid stealing, but this is just weird. I feel like there is a dude beating off to my old lady through my windows while I'm gone. Thankfully she is a combat vet with multiple firefights under her belt in Astan, so if he comes in while she is there, he will catch a couple of controlled pairs from an AR to his chest. Having a newborn at home is making her super edgy about it though. The whole thing is just eating at me.

Thanks for all of the replies gentleman. I'm going to go with a couple trail cams and PIR driveway alarms that have a chime that goes off in the house. We already have an alarm system in the house that covers all entrances. We have started arming it while home, which we were lax on before. I looked at adding cameras to the system, but the house is a flip, and I don't want to put that much money into something that will be sold with in the year.

I can assure you all , that as much as I would like place some booby traps, I'm fully aware that I would be screwing myself if I did.

I already own a set of PVS14s so that is covered. The issue is that it always happens while I'm gone, so I'm pretty sure it's someone who lives close and can keep an eye on our comings and goings. The span between incidents has been about a month or two. Hopefully we will just stay vigilant and catch him on the cams, or slipping while I'm home. I've covered the window into my garage so the individual won't know if I am there or not by just looking in to see if my car is there.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

It's someone you know and who can see your every move. An acquaintance, a friend or a family member. Maybe a complete stranger but usually isn't. Is your wife a teacher or a councilor? Maybe works at a bank? Or deals with the public in some way?Maybe she frequents a coffee shop?

The game cams are a good idea. And especially doubling them up on each other. If he's smart he will wear a hoody so you won't get a good look unless you get lucky. Might consider putting up a camera outside you immediate area before he hoods up, but that's hard in a residential area.

You already know things about him like shoe size, he's a smoker. Was the seat pushed all the way back in the car? That and shoe size might give you an idea of stature so you can narrow down.

Check your window screens and outside walls for places he may have ejaculated onto while peeping. Also if you put clothes out on the line, are any missing and who's are they.

I apologize if this upsets you but I have dealt with this type of thing. It's what happens.

Good luck and good hunting.

Thanks for all of the replies gentleman. I'm going to go with a couple trail cams and PIR driveway alarms that have a chime that goes off in the house. We already have an alarm system in the house that covers all entrances. We have started arming it while home, which we were lax on before. I looked at adding cameras to the system, but the house is a flip, and I don't want to put that much money into something that will be sold with in the year.

I can assure you all , that as much as I would like place some booby traps, I'm fully aware that I would be screwing myself if I did.

I already own a set of PVS14s so that is covered. The issue is that it always happens while I'm gone, so I'm pretty sure it's someone who lives close and can keep an eye on our comings and goings. The span between incidents has been about a month or two. Hopefully we will just stay vigilant and catch him on the cams, or slipping while I'm home. I've covered the window into my garage so the individual won't know if I am there or not by just looking in to see if my car is there.

Do you have a garage and/or a tinited SUV?

What I'm getting at is you could bait the mofo in to thinking you are gone. Pick a friend up or family member and have them ride in the back (lay down so they are not seen) when you are normally gone have that friend/family member leave in your suv out of the garage. Make him think you are gone.

Get a really hard dog.

I would love a German Shepherd, to bad people want a arm and a leg for them. And usually they're bad stock.

There was a thread awhile back about working dogs, lots of people here with great experience with those dogs...bogeybrown is one for example. A working dog is a big responsibility for your family so make sure they are all committed to establishing a working relationship with the dog before a "pet" relationship otherwise it will end in frustration first for the dog then everyone else. If everyone does the work, you will have an amazing asset and companion. Go for it!

OR, get one of those yappy pet lapdogs that bark at everything. They are a pretty good alarm and dont require much effort. Frankly a good house alarm eats less and is less annoying, but whatever. Still better than a cat, whose only place is in the barn where they are quite useful.

Could you roust up a posse of like minded close friends that would be willing to sacrifice a week's vacation on your behalf?

With five or six of them in rotation you would have nearly 7 weeks (including your turn) of continuous presence in the home. You now have a two man team (wife and another person) who can also split the night watch having eyes on the premises 24/7.

Hopefully this SOB makes his next move within that timeframe and ends up eating lead.

Last edited:
He seems to know your schedule. That should help narrow down the suspects somewhat.

Buy motion detectors and set them out in your yard. Connect the inside part to a Radio so you or your wife will immediately notice when it turns on and then call the cops immediately when the radio turns on.

Swann 8 Channel 960H Security System with 1TB HDD and 4 700TVL Cameras

Costco has a system for 350, to watch via phone you just scan the code and it'll pull it up. So made for the less tech savvy crowd.

The problem I have with a locally housed storage system like this is that if someone breaks in and steals your shit, they can easily take the video archives with them.
That's why drop cam is so much better, because the video is fed to their severs and it's there for your review. They can still take the cameras, but not the evidence.

Some quick thoughts to add to all the preceding advice.

1) If you rent have a talk with your landlord. (some landlords have funny ideas about how to keep an eye on their property) If he looks funny...

2) If you own.....have you changed the locks since you bought the place?

3) Has anyone else ever had access to your keys?

Small dogs are good too. I have 2 smaller dogs one is a Boston terrier pug mix. nothing gets by these 2 dogs they are not dangerous but if something is out of place it's like hitting a panic button. I think I would have made a police report by now just so it's on record. That way if in the future you end up kicking the shit out of him there is a record of past events showing a possible future threat. I probably would have taken pictures of the foot prints shoe treads can be useful

My brother just bought a game camera that is supposed to be undetectable, uses blacklight LEDs or something. Don't know the make but it worked for his problem.

I have a 15 camera DVR system and it is obvious so it is a deterent. Small time crooks may not notice it, but pros do notice it, because Deputy Sheriffs have stopped twice while investigating stuff in the area and asked if our system picked up anything passing on the street.

I agree with rgrmike. Get a couple of big old dogs from the pound. Treat them well and they will guard your family better than anything short of armed 24hr security.

Good luck.

Get a really hard dog.

Nice looking dog. It sounds like you have trained dogs too.

You would be surprised. My last 3 were all free rescues. People spend a couple grand to bring home a cute little puppy and 9 months later they have a full grown dog they neglected to train and don't know how to handle. Or they have to move into a place that won't allow dogs. Look around.

Yea, I've explored that option as well. Not a lot of dog shelters around me even.

1. Security lights
2. Make sure everyone in the house has access to a firearm and knows how to use it.MAKE SURE EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE HAS A COMMON QUESTION AND ANSWER SAFE WORD. THIS WILL PREVENT SOMEONE FROM BEING FREAKED OUT AND SHOOTING A LOVED ONE
3. If this is some punk kid leave a note on the back of the car taped to the window saying you know they are prying around your property and the police have been notified, also state that you are within your right to use lethal force to protect your family while you wait for the police to arrive. If this doesn't deter then you have a serious problem with your stalker.
4. Seriously though make sure you have a challenge and reply set up to be able to authenticate people in the house. I would hate to have anyone get hurt that shouldn't.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my cameras record to a dvr that is in the safe, and a play constantly on a TV in a closet in the living room so we can check any time to see what is going on. Far better than a game cam.

Got the same deal here and worth the money, you can get a nice system with 4 cameras for under $500 and also be able to
monitor it on your phone.

Scary shit. I would lose my mind if I had to worry about my wife like that. I'm glad I work from home.

I don't agree on the dog much (despite being a huge dog lover). Any half ass stalker will just poison/kill the dog.

You would be surprised. My last 3 were all free rescues. People spend a couple grand to bring home a cute little puppy and 9 months later they have a full grown dog they neglected to train and don't know how to handle. Or they have to move into a place that won't allow dogs. Look around.

+1, picked up a 6 month old sheperd last november,smartest and most trainable dog i've ever owned and has an incredible guarding instinct!

He seems to know your schedule. That should help narrow down the suspects somewhat.

^^^^ this, and did the problems start after the friend started staying there?
the friend may be talking to people and they know your schedule? or social media? just throwing it out there.
he better hope the popo gets him before the miss' reverts back to her training.

^^^^ this, and did the problems start after the friend started staying there?
the friend may be talking to people and they know your schedule? or social media? just throwing it out there.
he better hope the popo gets him before the miss' reverts back to her training.

No it's been ongoing since before Safi came to America. He has since moved to Nebraska for a job, so it definitely has nothing to do with him.

Sorry that this is happening to you.

If you think it's someone who can watch your house, i.e. line of sight, then set up a couple of cams that look down either side of the street. That way rather than just recording them when they come onto your property you may be lucky enough to catch them as they come out of their house/car on their way to trespassing onto yours. Then you can resolve the situation to your satisfaction...

Good luck, stay safe.

For being on a budget, Natchez usually has refurbished trail cams at very good pricing. I bought two about a year ago and they have worked very well. Unfortunately I have been getting reports of a trespasser on my land up in the Rockies, so I bought three more that are going up this weekend.

Here's what I bought, the refurbs were $80/per and they do photo, burst photo, video clip, and time lapse as a video

http://www.natchezss.com/Category.c...=Primos Truth Cam Ultra Blackout Trail Camera

Motion sensor Gatling gun!! That's wag I want.. There won't be noting moving. Keep your dogs inside.

Probably one of those guys from RedJacket Firearms? Any updates as this guy has to be friends with you or they wife and ya only need to be 10% smarter than him?

Believe it or not, geese can make excellent “watchdogs” or guards. The fact is the use of geese to guard places has been in effect since ancient times. Businesses such as whiskey warehouses in Scotland still use geese and even with today’s technology, military facilities in Europe use geese as another layer of security. The Chinese government recently replaced their guard dogs with gaggles of geese in some areas, and a prison in Sao Paulo Brazil claims it is protected by geese! Geese can be loud and are quick to respond when they hear the slightest questionable noise. Geese naturally understand, without any training, that any people and animals living on the property are part of their flock. They tend to have no fear of challenging a human or animal that intrudes onto “their” property or that threatens “their” people or animal friends.
My landlord had a pond full of big catfish and this is how she kept people from getting into her property and believe me they work!

Last edited:
Wireless driveway alarms. The camera setups and alarms have been mentioned, but wireless battery operated driveway alarms work great. You can paint them black, and they will give instant notification inside of movement outside.
We live out in a rural area, and keep game cameras scattered around (caught several locals poaching)...but the wireless motion sensors are GREAT for instant notification on your perimeter.
As a additional step, secure the sensors some way so that they can't be deactivated by the perv sneaking around.