• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

starting 6.5 Creemoor reloading and have several questions

My comparator came in today. On my 8.6 Blk, without changing any of my press settings, I am bumping .0016 for my gas gun. This passes the drop in/fall out test on the Sheridan gauge, and the cut-away opening in the gauge shows my shoulder and neck align perfectly with the gauge. I have had no issues feeding or extracting over a hundred rounds.

On the Nickel plated brass, which I want to use for easy identification of subs, I am going to have to turn the neck because of the added nickel thickness. I ordered the RCBS case neck turner, but the .338 pilot/cutter was not available anywhere, so I ordered the next size up and I will turn it to spec on my lathe.

Last edited:
My comparator came in today. On my 8.6 Blk, without changing any of my press settings, I am bumping .0016 for my gas gun. This passes the drop in/fall out test on the Sheridan gauge, and the cut-away opening in the gauge shows my shoulder and neck align perfectly with the gauge. I have had no issues feeding or extracting over a hundred rounds.

On the Nickel plated brass, which I want to use for easy identification of subs, I am going to have to turn the neck because of the added nickel thickness. I ordered the RCBS case neck turner, but the .338 pilot/cutter was not available anywhere, so I ordered the next size up and I will turn it to spec on my lathe.

Wow, that’s some precise measuring!