• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Station Pressure default on Brunton Pro?

Hellbender

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2008
Lebanon, Missouri
Anyone with the Brunton Pro, is the default displayed pressure Station or Corrected pressure, the manual is not clear on this.

Thanks, Brad

Re: Station Pressure default on Brunton Pro?

At Kaiser Memorial right now, the BP is 29.93 corrected sea-level-equivalent pressure. The altitude there is 869 feet.

So, if the meter reads 29.93 or thereabouts, it's sea level pressure. If it reads down around 29.00, it's reading station pressure.

If the barometric pressure reading has a reference altitude, then set it to your altitude to get the sea-level-corrected pressure. Set it to zero to get the station pressure.

Brunton unfortunately does not have their manuals online on their web site, or I could probably tell you more.

Lindy,
Thank you for the response. Your excellent article made me realize how little I know about this subject. I downloaded the trail version of Precision Shooters Workbench and am attempting to get my shooting data to coincide with the program.

I found this in the manual, I "think" this means default should be Station Pressure, correct?

From the Brunton Manual......

Setting Pressure relative to Sea Level

1) When the barometric pressure has been
calibrated, the current barometric pressure will
offset by the target offset value.

2) To be able to read the current barometric
pressure as a pressure referring to sea-level
although at an altitude, calibrate as follows:
Check the current altitude (for example 1000m).
Divide 1000/8 (since 1 hPa/mbar is 8m altitude).
Result 125 hPa/mbar. Set offset to +125hPa/mbar.
The reading will now refer to the pressure at sealevel.

Thanks again,
Brad

It looks like if you have the offset set to 0 what you get will be the station pressure, which is the best thing to have for ballistic software.

Regards,
-- Lindy