• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stay alert and always carry

knuckleballz

Elk Hunter
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
I always make it a practice to carry when I make the drive up to the big city to visit family. I was on a major highway getting ready to get off on my exit when I came up on slow traffic. Some one was going 45 in a 70 and looked to be holding up traffic on purpose. I wasn't in a hurry but the truck ahead of me was following the ford explorer close. As we all got off on the exit the ford explorer was purposly slowing to almost a stop and preventing the dodge truck behind from proceeding to get into the 2 lanes that were for turning left when the stoplight was green. The ford explorer pulled over and blocked the right turn lane and got out and was walking towards the passenger door of the new dodge truck ahead of me with his right hand inside his jacket. We were in the left turn lane and The light was red and we were trapped with cars behind us. I had my hand on my glock 26 but felt undergunned if there were going to be more gang bangers coming out of the explorer. The light was still red but I knew things were going to get out of control in a couple seconds. I rolled forward and tapped the bumper of the dodge truck as I laid on my horn. The guy ahead of me went through the red light and I was right on his tail, leaving the gang banger standing in the intersection with a pistol visible in his hand. This was in a nice high end suburb. A couple miles up the street I was able to pull along side the new dodge pickup that had been in front of me at a stoplight. He and his wife were unarmed and oblivious to what almost happened to them. I had kept my head and acted quickly. I was not happy about being forced into a situation where I might have had to fire my weapon to come to the defense of a stranger. In retrospect, having a spare magazine on me would've made me feel better. Also having an ak47 or a 308 ar readily accessible wouldve made me feel better if the shooting had started. I've driven on this route thousands of times and didn't expect a situation like this.

My parents, bother/sister in law, and my son and his girlfriend all live within 2 miles of where this happened. They all insist that they have no need for a firearm in their home for protection.

I totally agree on carrying every time I leave the house. I am always amazed how little "situational awareness" most people have. Just paying attention to who walks by tables in restaurants, where we park, or leaving an out while driving in traffic.

Most people just want to be sheep...