• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Steel Case Ammo - G19, G43x, PDP

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Any issues running steel cased ammo through the subject pistols?

I put 1000 Wolf dirty bois through my 43x, (when that was all that was available) with zero issues and no abnormal ware. Shot the 1k over probably 4 range trips. Gun was goddamn filthy....

Reactions: treillw
Steel case is often made with the express purpose of being the cheapest shit available.

Expect more fouling from whatever cheap powder they put in there. It also tends to not expand and seal to the chamber as well as brass so more residue gets everywhere in the gun.

I personally won't use it because the steel cases cycling in and out of a steel barrel thousands of times can't do any favors for your chamber.

Many steel ammunitions are also coated in lacquer or something similar to prevent rust. This can flake or melt at times leaving more deposits in your guns.

Brass cased ammo isn't that much more expensive.

As guys like to say here: go be poor somewhere else.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I have run the Wolf Polyformance in 9mm and 45 acp and never had a problem. Just a side note.... fired up my o2/accl torch on an empty case and could not get the coating to melt or run. Case was red hot and nothing came off so at least with the Wolf brand, varnish buildup should not be a problem, Can't comment on the Tula or the other brands. I was surprised how accurate the .45 was!

Have you guys shot blazer brass? That shit is just as dirty

By Blazer "brass" do you mean Blazer aluminum?

Blazer also prescribes to the cheap as possible philosophy so even their brass offerings will still use the cheapest, dirtiest powders available to make a profit.

Either way, no I don't shoot that crap either.