• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steel Target’s (looking for recommendations)

I own a big JC Steel silhouette and it works great.

Hang Fast targets are great targets also - Ive bought some shapes, reduced IDPA targets from him.

Both sell on this site.

We've gotten all of ours from the local steel supply house for much less than I've seen online anywhere. If you've got one close give them a call and ask. The pacific steel around here keeps a small stock of rounds cut out of ar500.

JC Steel, MK Machining, and Rogue Shooting Targets. Used them all and they've all been great.

Give Jake Vibbert a call at JC Steel and he will get you set up. Jake is ALWAYS willing to answer questions and offers flat rate shipping with his excellent customer service. Buy with confidence.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Target Hanging Solutions contributes to a lot of prize tables in the NRL, as does AA Targets. You may want to reach out to them if you shoot NRL matches.

I been using XS Steel targets for a couple of years and like then a-lot.

I just ordered some from atlas target works. Their prices were really good for poppers, and it was free shipping over $99. I think I received my targets 3 days after I ordered them.

Shootingtagets7 for me also. Have a whole pile of their stuff. Very reasonable prices

I have had a Mike Gibson precision rifle target for a long time. The t box and swinging doors make it lots of fun at a variety of ranges. Get the lightest doors your caliber won't destroy.

I've got some JC but mostly shootingtargets7, for stuff way out there I dont mind using Ebay stuff. I got 2x 66% IPSC silhouettes for $90. They havent given me any problems.

Reactions: Sunrider
I've got some JC but mostly shootingtargets7, for stuff way out there I dont mind using Ebay stuff. I got 2x 66% IPSC silhouettes for $90. They havent given me any problems.
I can't say enough about JC Steel targets,,,used them for years, I mounted one up wrong on spring base (I know), despite that Jake replaced the target with an upgrade knowing it was clearly my fault that it became damaged, no charge. Knowing the work he does for youths, I then made another purchase. (The least I could have done).

I picked up a set of targets off a prize table by Target Hanging Solutions and they have been fantastic. I highly recommend them!

I've got steel from many different manufacturers. As long as they are AR500 or AR550 they hold up fine as long as you don't get closer than recommended. Of all the targets I have though, this one is a hoot for rifle. Just get it out there at 400+ yds and challenge your buddies with it. Up close, a .45 ACP or greater pistol will swing the plates, too.

Depending on location, I had great success with Steel Ops out of Ft Collins. Prices were great and the quality was above the other steel I'd been using. The AR550 steel was a massive improvement over AR500 to me for extended use.

Magnumtarget. I've got quite a few of them on my range and they are great. Prices are fantastic as well.

I got more 1/4" thick AR500 coming from a local steel supplier. I'm not a dealer or anything like that but my buddy who works there where they have scraps and I have them cut them into targets. Check out my thread in the for exchange forum. I have 12" squares and 66% ipsc coming. 12" squares are $19 each and the 66% ipsc are $35 each. PM if you interested I should have them by end of next week.

I am pretty sure no one will touch those prices. Last batch mill certs we’re more in the ballpark of ar530. Good stuff at a incredible price

Last edited:
When you start pricing, 3/8" AR 500 may be much cheaper than 1/2".
I have shot 3/8" thick AR 500 steel at two and three hundred yards with a .338 Lapua Mag, HPBT bullet, with no trouble at all. I hope that helps you save some cheddah/money.

Have great luck, good pricing and quick turn around with; ShootSteel.com , they offer large pieces and other sizes at good prices/ usually with Free shipping.

Reactions: loveha
Jesse at https://sitargets.com in DeBarry FL is outstanding. I have been dealing with Jesse for years and his Targets are amazing. Please check their page and you will be surprised how reasonable priced they are . Target build/cut is clean and last for years and years. Jesse's customer service is legendary!