• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Steele industry

Jec375

Minuteman
Apr 27, 2014
Franklin, Wi
Anyone ever do Business with Steele industry? I’m looking at picking up a PVS14 from them...

Yes I’ve had positive business transactions with them, along with a few buddies that have had the same. Any specifics you need details on? I think it’s kinda cool they have a physical location you can visit if you’re around Florida and want to see the build process at all.

Yes I’ve had positive business transactions with them, along with a few buddies that have had the same. Any specifics you need details on? I think it’s kinda cool they have a physical location you can visit if you’re around Florida and want to see the build process at all.
Yes! What is the difference between filmed and unfilmed? Are they considered ture gen3s? Are they less expensive options autograted?

Last edited:
Yes! What is the difference between filmed and unfilmed? Are they considered ture gen3s? Are they less expensive options autograted?
Sounds like you have some questions that’d be easy for a sales rep from any of the decent dealers to walk you through, or spend some time searching on the forum.

When choosing tubes lately lead-time is getting to be a more important characteristic as well. Lots of demand, long waits depending on which tubes you’re shopping for.

Those are more basic questions, less about a vendor. Do a bit of searching, its gets asked quite frequently.

The short, L3 make film-less tubes. They perform best in low light compared to the rest and are the most expensive. Elbit makes thin filmed tubes that are not as good for low light performance, but for a more modest price.

Its either gen 3 or its not.

L3 also makes thin film tubes.

Photonis makes advanced Gen 2 tubes that are similar in most ways to Gen 3 but darker.

I would probably get either filmless or photonis. The cost benefit on thin film just isn’t there for me. It’s 80% the price of filmless for 80% of the performance. I could get photonis echo or a full filmed tube for 55% the price and 70% of the performance.