• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steepest 36mm to get the most out of ZCO 527

Mendy300wm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2012
WA
Looking to upgrade the scope on my AW300wm… going with a ZCO 527.

The gun currently has a flat rail on it with a 30moa Spuhr Kahles 624i

My question is, Who is making the steepest 36mm Mount to get the most out of the ZCO?

How far you plan to shoot the rifle? The scope has 35 Mils of elevation so going with a 45-55moa set up would keep you in a good place and give a lot of elevation. A 60 MOA is pushing it as it will be real close to bottomed out.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Why do you need? I remember PRB did a gear survey after the Nightforce ELR match and only a couple people had more than 40moa combined cant between their base and rings/mount. I would just get the more common 40moa Spuhr mount and call it good. If you need more you can get an Eratac mount or a Charlie. Running a 60MOA mount on a ZCO sounds like a good way to smash the objective into the barrel. 😛

I don’t NEED anything… right now with my current setup I can dial 20mils then I’m maxed out, I go sub sonic at around 1500yds dialed a little over 16mils.

23mils gets me to a mile but the she’s falling out of the sky at that point.

Reactions: Conqueror
Get that 45 moa ARC mount and you will have enough to go a mile and then some.

And subsonic doesn’t mean falling out of the sky depending on the bullet used.

At ZCO we get asked this question often . In general here is what I recommend in order to determine the maximum safe base angle / taper

Divide the scopes total elevation travel by 2 and then subtract 15 MOA off of that number . This will be the maximum base angle we would recommend to still achieve good optical quality and not over stress the erector spring.

Example scope has 120 MOA total elevation travel
Divide by 2 = 60 MOA
Subtract an additional 15 MOA = 45 MOA

This will leave approximately 15 MOA of remaining downward travel at 100 yards. This formula will work well with all scopes