• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Steiner 4-16 Ring Height

hk dave

Optics Fiend
Minuteman
  • Jun 7, 2011
    So CA
    One of these days, we should make a sticky with different base, barrel contours, scopes with ring heights. Anyone that has a particular setup, takes a photo of the clearance.... kind of like Rob01 has done many a times. :p

Anyhow, anyone run a Steiner Military 4-16x50mm?

Trying to figure out if I want Seekins 34mm .92" or 1". Running a seekins 20moa base with Rem Varmint/Sendero contour. Thanks! :D

This is the third year I have been running a Steiner 4-16. I think it is the steal of FFP scopes right now. I know it's trendy to have a 25, but for $2,300 MAP, the Steiner 4-16 is a best buy without a doubt and a perfect fit for the 308ish family of cartridges (I run a 260). I have shot to 1,150 yards with it with zero issues. I do have a Steiner 5-25 on my 338 where I think that is a better fit. I have a AIAW, Spuhr 6 MIL base, medium palma, and I have about 3/8" clearance. Let me know if you have any other questions. RJ

P.S.: I think Steiner is running a promo on the 4x scopes right now, including a free set of military binoculars with orders.

Last edited:
    I would recommend The Nightforce 1.0" rings they are very nice and very clean looking. We also have the Vortex 34mm in stock that are made by Seekins.

Mike @ CST

I have mine mounted in Low Seekins. It will not clear a gas gun, but is fine on a bolt gun with 20 moa base with a medium palma contour.
    Will try to take a pic tonight.

My 4-16 is on a Savage 10fp medium heavy contour with Seekins 20moa base and Seekins .92" low rings. Plenty of room. I could set the bottom of the turret housing directly on the base and clear the barrel with the Butler Creeks.

This is all great info. I have been looking at this scope but only problem to me is the 34 mm tube. I use a htg stock with a 30 mm tube now. Going to this scope even with the lowest rings is going to change my check weld due to the increase in tube diameter . The reviews are good on the Steiner I just wish everyone would stop going to 34mm.

Aussie... keep in mind also that this scope is HUGE. It's about as long as an S&B PMII 5-25 or a Nightforce F1 WITH hood on.

It's almost comical how big it is for a 4-16. I have yet to track test or look through it, but i really hope the glass is good and the tracking is solid... will know in the coming weeks.