• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Steiner 5-25 x 56 windage reset

35fan

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2012
Florida Panhandle
Total noob at this, first time shooting today with Steiner 5-25x56, how do you reset/lock-in the windage if your POI is not at the preset "zero"?

Awesome clarity and about .3 mil off windage at 150 yards, hence my question.

Ed

Can't help with your question yet but please tell me more about the scope. I should be getting mine in about a month and I am so excited!

EasternNChunter I've had my Steiner a few weeks now and love it. I really enjoy and im very impressed with the scope, very glad I chose this scope, it's not easy with so many good choices. I'm sitting here thinking of any negatives and really can't, I have the MSR reticle and I'm really liking it. Have fun with your purchase.

Billetman, appreciate the confirmation on the adjustment, figured as much but didn't want to f it up

EasternNChunter, this is my first scope more than $500 so I can't give you a comparison to other scopes in the Steiner price range. The scope is crystal clear and tracking seems to be spot on from the adjustments I made to get it on paper and shoot a group or two, range only went to 150 yards. If you have a specific question let me know.

Had mine a couple of weeks and used it this past Sat. in it's first match. Found that I liked it turned down to around 15 to 20 power for most of the shots in the 300 to 500 yd. area. Despite most saying the eyebox is big at 25 power I'm not finding that to be the case. Granted I'm still getting used to it and may adjust at some point. Don't take this to mean you can't get a good sight picture, it just can take a second to get behind it just right. At 20 power this is not an issue.

In another thread it was suggested that 10 mils on the elevation turret might have been better, I would tend to agree, those lines are very close together and the clicks while distinct can be hard to pickup in the heat of comps (I'm used to USO knobs). This scope has the MSR reticle and I found it easy to use for precise aiming and for movers. Glass is superior to my NF NXS scopes as well as the USO's. Dialing accuracy is dead on, shot it out to 1025 yd. and dial up's were consistant with known data.

Sounds great guys. I am upgrading from a Nightforce NXS myself. I am picking up my rifle from Robert Gradous Saturday, hoping to borrow a scope from a buddy, and getting my Steiner at the end of June. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.