• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Steiner 5-25x56 available with MSR reticle

Re: Steiner 5-25x56 available with MSR reticle

Looks interesting. If MSRP is $2700 one would think the street price will be less. I may have to try one for that price. That's a $500 less than Premier and $1000 Less than S&B.

I'm a satisfied owner of one Burris Xtreme scope -but after trying Steiner 5-25 I would not count them in same league..not even close. Or perhaps you ment just external look?

Really, nothing against Burris. But still.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a satisfied owner of one Burris Xtreme scope -but after trying Steiner 5-25 I would not count them in same league..not even close. Or perhaps you ment just external look?

Really, nothing against Burris. But still. </div></div>

Um, you better hope so, because the Steiners are being assembled at the Burris factory in Colorado. As a recovering Burris owner, that's my biggest knock against them.

The guy at SHOT did say however that the 5-25x military will be imported from Germany. I'm just not sure if that's all 5-25x versions, or just some variants.

We received a 5-25, mil dot gen 2, cw, zs in last week. Nice to see another German company in the mix. I think that they give a nice alternative to the s&b and the premier. Hopefully we'll get the ccw versions that we ordered pretty soon so I can snag one for myself
smile.gif

This might be a little off topic but i'm really excited to see the new kahles also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a satisfied owner of one Burris Xtreme scope -but after trying Steiner 5-25 I would not count them in same league..not even close.
</div></div>
Um, you better hope so, because the Steiners are being assembled at the Burris factory in Colorado. </div></div>
I'd better hope so huh?? Sorry, damn not given.
5-25 is made in Germany.

With my current burris, I have no problems with workmanship or assembly related things, its more about design of certain silly things. But its cheap scope, not fair to compare it against double/triple priced scopes such as new Steiner.

Any new info on this one? Anybody have the 5-25 yet? Any thru the scope pics of the reticles?

got some on my phone i'll try to post later this afternoon.
(edit) I only had one taken at 25x. What pictures would you like to see of the reticle? I'll try to shoot what you request.

25x
25x.jpg

Steiner will shortly offer this scope with the MSR ret too.

Could be a SuB beater if the price is right????

I did get the manual in pdf form for the 5-25 if anyone is interested. Shoot me a message with your e-mail address and I'll get it out to you. We received a 5-25 with the GEN 2 mildot. Nice to see options becoming available in the german market. With the addition of the Kahles and the new Henny next year even more options.

Sirs,

Steiner Military Scope 5-25x56 MSR (Multipurpose Sniper Reticle) landed on my desk a few days ago.

Yesterday had time to do an head to head evaluation against S&B 5-25x56 with MSR.

Gents. We have a challenger here for S&B.
- Steiner resolution slightly better than S&B!!!
- Steiner a bit more sensitive about eye position at 15-25x
- Steiner FOV edge clarity better than on S&B
- Steiner had slightly smaller FOV at 12-25x.
- Steiner did not "tunnel" below 7.5x like S&B and had larger FOV at 5x!

Mechanically looks well made and finished. Adjustments track (collimator testing only so far) perfectly. Adjustment feel nice and precise.

Next I'm gonna slam the scope with .338LM for a while and see how the scope is doing after 6 months. If it performs well, we have a true challenger for S&B PMII 5-25x56.

Hi,

What do you think about the distance of the clicks of the 5-25x56 ? Are they too close together?
How do the clicks compare to a current premier 5-25x56?
Do you know pros and cons of the MSR reticle?
Are there any issues with the scopes so far?

thank you,

kind regards, solst_ice

anyone have a review yet on these?

very interested.

I'll have one up after the weekend. Just got back from visiting with the guys at Steiner last week. I've been shooting it for a couple of weeks. Way impressed with the product as it is now oppose to the prototype we were sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Defuzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have a review yet on these?

very interested.

</div></div>

I think everyone is wondering how it compares to the S&B...

Steiner / S&B side-by-side photo here:
http://www.finnaccuracy.com/steiner_military_MSR_special_reticle.htm

Compared to 5-25 bender:
-Bit tighter eyebox @ magnification +15x
-Image center area resolution tad better in Steiner (only one sample scopes!)
-FOV approximately 2mils smaller in Steiner @ 25x
-FOV larger at 5x, no tunnel effect at all like in S&B
-Clicks tad sharper in S&B, Steiner still beeing very good
-Overall image quality really close to same
-Steiner elevation turret system very good in practice- brainfarts virtually impossible

Even if they would be same price, wouldnt know which one to pick. Hmm

The Steiner military 5-25 gives shooters another option besides the sb. For 500 bucks less plus a free pair of binos, it's a solid but for guys looking for german quality optics.

The more I shoot the msr the more I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....Next I'm gonna slam the scope with .338LM for a while and see how the scope is doing after 6 months. If it performs well, we have a true challenger for S&B PMII 5-25x56.

</div></div>

How about an update review? Its been close enough to 6 months!

Does this scope really only have 6 mils of windage available? I'm guessing it's a mistake on the literature, but I've seen it a couple of places.