• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner HX 10x42

HighTide22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
NW GA
Does anyone have any experience with the Steiner HX’s? Looking to get a pair of 10x42 for hunting, been using a cheap pair of Leupold for a while. Really wanting to upgrade, my dad has some older Steiners can’t remember the model but they are super clear and I’m impressed with them. I know Steiner makes good stuff. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with these. Hard to find a place where you can put hands on good binos.

The Steiner HX series are excellent binoculars. Great German optics that are very bright and extremely sharp, well made, feels great in the hand as they are a well formed designed. I think you'd enjoy them.
Feel free to give a call to discuss them and your SH pricing

My dad has 10x42 Merlin’s I compared them side by side in WY with some Sworo SLCs and was really impressed with them against the Sworos. Could really tell much difference tho I’m not a glass snob by any means.

How do the Steiner Predator’s compair? I know they are basically half the price of the HX’s. The HX’s are on the extreme edge of my budget (500-700). Are they worth the extra 400?

Last edited:
The Predators are really not in the class of the HX's. If you want a great 10x42 in that price range I'd strongly suggest considering the Meopta Meopro 10x42. Meopta is getting aggressive with pricing in order to get more market share and at $499.99 it really is a best buy

Ok thanks. That answers my question for sure, tho I really figured that would be your answer. I’ve already been on your website looking at the HX’s. I will be in touch soon about them. Thanks for the help

My dad has 10x42 Merlin’s I compared them side by side in WY with some Sworo SLCs and was really impressed with them against the Sworos. Could really tell much difference tho I’m not a glass snob by any means.

How do the Steiner Predator’s compair? I know they are basically half the price of the HX’s. The HX’s are on the extreme edge of my budget (500-700). Are they worth the extra 400?

If you couldn’t tell the difference between the Merlin’s and an slc in the field, then you might as well go into walmart and buy a set of $20 tasco’s