• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Steiner M5Xi Rail Cant Question

TheBeard413

Corpsmen
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Berkshire County, Massachusetts
My wife kicks ass and for our anniversary she bought me a Steiner M5Xi Military 5-25x56 MSR model #5550...anyways, the owners manual suggests a 45MOA cant rail. I have a custom Rem 700 action. A R Bros Rogue Action made by GA. It has a 20MOA cant built into the action. Furthest I shoot is 1250yards. Is zeroing going to be an issue? I am still awaiting the stock to come in but, as soon as it arrives it's going to my smith. Any suggestions? This is my 1st clone action and this is by far the nicest piece of glass I've ever owned.
Thanks in Advance, The Beard

I have mine in a 30 moa mount and I could easily use a 40. That being said, with my 30 moa it gives me 19.7 mils of elevation.

What options are available to me to create extra cant? I want to make sure I get the most out of this optic. She went above and beyond getting me this and I am beyond ecstatic. As stated before the action already has 20MOA build into it. I've been shooting 768 yards for the last 3 years with my .300wm. That was the max available to me. Took a trip to VT and shot to 1000 yards. Consistantly making hits at that range so I decided to go all out and do the whole custom build with her blessing.

I am about 18.7 mils depending on all the variables. That is with M118LR.

their are several good mounts out there to choose from that you can add 10+ MOA depending on how much you want to go with.

Nightforce makes a one piece mount with 20 moa cant. I think they are about $280. That would give you a total of 40 moa.

Go with a Spuhr 20 MOA mount. That scope deserves a solid mount and it doesn't get much better than the Spuhr. Solid as a rock, easy to secure and clamps the scope like a lover. A trip through the catalog will have your wallet running away but they are worth every penny spent.

Go with a Spuhr 20 MOA mount. That scope deserves a solid mount and it doesn't get much better than the Spuhr. Solid as a rock, easy to secure and clamps the scope like a lover. A trip through the catalog will have your wallet running away but they are worth every penny spent.

Spuhr is a little less than the Geiselle which is nice. Now just to find one in stock. I need to find the SPUHR Model # SP-4603B

You should not need to purchase a canted mount. I have the Steiner 5-25 Military on two different rifles, one with a 30MOA rail and the other a 20MOA rail. Both rifles have 0MOA mounts and each scope gives me the full double turn which I believe is 26mils. BTW I am at 16.5mils at 1200yds on the 20MOA rifle so you should not have a problem with your rifle getting to 1250yds.

Reactions: TheBeard413
I'm curious what the OP decided to do. I came on this thread still trying to figure out what to do with my M5xi. Mine is mounted in a 20 MOA Spuhr on top of a 20 MOA rail for a total of 40 MOA, and I can't zero at 100 yards, bottomed out. So much for the 45 MOA recommendation from Steiner. This seems to be a different experience from others with the same optic, with up to 50 MOA of mount reported with no problems. I'm sending mine in for a going over to make sure I didn't get a lemon, otherwise the scope is great and I'm disappointed to be without it while they're doing their thing out in CO.

I'm curious what the OP decided to do. I came on this thread still trying to figure out what to do with my M5xi. Mine is mounted in a 20 MOA Spuhr on top of a 20 MOA rail for a total of 40 MOA, and I can't zero at 100 yards, bottomed out. So much for the 45 MOA recommendation from Steiner. This seems to be a different experience from others with the same optic, with up to 50 MOA of mount reported with no problems. I'm sending mine in for a going over to make sure I didn't get a lemon, otherwise the scope is great and I'm disappointed to be without it while they're doing their thing out in CO.
I have a S&B 5-25 that is on my AI AT with a 20 moa base. The S&B has a reported 26 mils of elevation. With my 6.5 Creedmoor barrel I have right at 20 mils of elevation available to me. If I added a 20 moa Spuhr mount, which is approximately 6 mils I would have theoretically 26 mils available in a perfect world, the same as yours. I would say there is nothing wrong with your scope. As far as 50 moa total cant is mathematically impossible with 26mils elevation and still zero at 100 yards. Ray