• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner military 5-25x56

msummer88

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2010
Utah
Ok boys, to those of you that have this scope. What do you think so far? Would it be worth to spend the extra $$ for the PMII?? Need to make up my mind. I want to strap one of these two to my Creedmoor.

Thanks!

I don't have either scope, but I do have a Steiner 3-12x56 Military. I'm very happy with the scope and I want to buy a the new Steiner 5-25 when it's out. From what I've read, there are only subtle differences that make the S&B better, and there are subtle differences that make the Steiner better. If you have the means to buy the S&B and won't feel the difference much in your pocket then get the S&B. If you are trying to save a good chunk of money and get a scope that's 99.5% of the quality and performance of the S&B, then the Steiner is what you want.

It's an absolutely awesome scope. It sits happily in the same level as the other alphas.

There is like four of them in the for sale section on page one alone. If you want one might be a wise place to look

I have been running one for a few months now with the MSR reticule and I love it. I have compared it with one of my buddies pmII and could not tell much difference at all in the glass but I do not posses the tactical eye that a lot of people seem to have. The turrets feel good and tracking was spot on. The Rev indicator is a nice touch also.

Love the optics, tracking, turrets, MSR reticle and durability. Hate how fucking big it is; its like having a Tball bat on the top of my rifle.

If you're in the market, Steiner is releasing USA made 3-12 and 5-25 this September and they are supposed to be lighter and cheaper.

I have both PMII's and the Steiner. The Steiner has an MSR reticle and very pleased with the scope. The reticle lines are a little thick but I just dial down the power if I want them thinner. Good glass and tracks accurately. From my perspective the glass in the PMII's is a little better but not by much. Plan on buying the the T model when it is released later this fall.

Ok that's what I thought it was after I asked.

I feel pretty good about the scope. I wish I could get one to take a look at first but it looks like I'll just have to pull the trigger on one when they're available.

Oh hell just realized that T model you are referring to isn't the M model I've been looking at! Feeling super smart right now.

Ok so that's awesome that the T 5-25x56 will be around $2,000. BUT what about the M?? there's about a $1000 price difference between the M and T. What will still make the M more superior than the T?? What's the T going to be missing? Quality? Tracking? Glass?

You see where I'm going with this?

If you read the tread on the new Steiner scopes, you will see that the difference in the price has little to do with the quality of the scope and primarily with the taxes and tariffs that are charged on the M5xi line of Steiner's. The T5xi line of scopes is basically an updated version of the M5xi scopes and built in the USA. The glass and internals are the same, but the turrets have been redesigned at the request of the USA Steiner shooting team. These new Steiner scopes are going to be 10lbs of goodness with a 5lbs price.

I have the 5-25x56 with MSR reticle and love it. I will make most rifles look small, its a big scope.
And if you are used to looking through a night force scope with a cross hair as thin as an N-PR1
the center cross of the MSR is going to look like two car bumpers crossed.

I have been using mine for about a year and a half and shoot to 1000 yards at .5 moa steel and it has done well for me.
The inverted L mil line is great for spoting and correcting misses. And for those of you that live where the average ass is 19.7" wide. You can estimate how far the ladies are.......

I don't have a pmII but with this scope and the new razor coming out, its hard to spend more.

I understand everything that is being said. What I don't understand is why is Steiner even going to offer the M series if the T series is going to be the exact same but cheaper? I understand the tariffs and tax but the tariffs on scopes are about 16% and that with tax will be closer to $500.

Now I decided I was getting the M model a couple days ago and I was totally fine paying the 3k for it. Then after you guys pointed me in the right direction I found out they were making a T model that will be a $1000 bucks cheaper AND be the exact same quality...I'm a little skeptical about the T.

I hope I'm wrong!

The other piece of the puzzle with the price is the added cost to have parts and components made by German union workers. Look at the difference in cost with US work between union and non union employees.