• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Steiner Military LRF bino's ?

TO 8217

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2014
So I have been doing some studying on range finders and decided to go with all in one combo and choose Steiner LRF Military 8x30. Just ordered from Euro optics and think they are gonna work great. Mostly planning on using them at the range but may do a bit of hiking at some point with them.
I know there is a weight size advantage to the 8x but I can't help but to wonder should I have gotten the 10x50?The laser capability is the same in both.
When thinking about this I guess I should mention I have a NF TS-82 spotting scope. So anyone with experience with these did I make the best choice?

So I have been doing some studying on range finders and decided to go with all in one combo and choose Steiner LRF Military 8x30. Just ordered from Euro optics and think they are gonna work great. Mostly planning on using them at the range but may do a bit of hiking at some point with them.
I know there is a weight size advantage to the 8x but I can't help but to wonder should I have gotten the 10x50?The laser capability is the same in both.
When thinking about this I guess I should mention I have a NF TS-82 spotting scope. So anyone with experience with these did I make the best choice?

NOPE, You did the right thing, The 7x50 and the 10x50s are about the same Size and I have the 7x30s and the 7x50s (NON LRF) Type and the 7x30s are much quicker and lighter to use and when you are on the move they Take up a 1/3rd Less space,

So Life is Good, and when I asked our Wise Serving Gentlemen Past and Present They all told me that the 7 or 8x30s were highly prized coz no one wanted to carry the 7x50s etc.

Congrats on your New Toys and Im So Jealous,

May your Elk be Massive and your Ammo Be Cheap,

John

A little review so far, I am happy with my purchase. I was torn weather to go with the 8x30 or 10x50. My discussions with several dealers with experience lead me to take the plunge with the 8x. They are very light weight and compact. As a matter of fact when the box arrived I though there was something wrong because the packing box was so light. Well they were in there alright.
Construction, seems very good with a tactile rubber coating over the entire body and it would appear they could handle some knocks in a back pack. Glass is really nice and sharp on at dusk they pick up light very well. For the LRF it locks and returns info very quickly and I like the scan mode for moving targets. I was only able to play with them out to 950 meters due to me not being able to hold the real sturdy enough outside that. I need to get a tripod adapter. The LRF lighting is very readable even in full sun light so happy there with no wash out.
I know this May seem petty but my 3 complaints: it comes in a styrofoam box no travel case. Neck strap very stiff and no padding for back of neck. Lastly the rear cap for eye piece is one piece and does not stay on very well . Front caps are really nice though.
I hope this helps with any one looking at getting a pair of them if you can live with the few things I mentioned.

A little review so far, I am happy with my purchase. I was torn weather to go with the 8x30 or 10x50. My discussions with several dealers with experience lead me to take the plunge with the 8x. They are very light weight and compact. As a matter of fact when the box arrived I though there was something wrong because the packing box was so light. Well they were in there alright.
Construction, seems very good with a tactile rubber coating over the entire body and it would appear they could handle some knocks in a back pack. Glass is really nice and sharp on at dusk they pick up light very well. For the LRF it locks and returns info very quickly and I like the scan mode for moving targets. I was only able to play with them out to 950 meters due to me not being able to hold the real sturdy enough outside that. I need to get a tripod adapter. The LRF lighting is very readable even in full sun light so happy there with no wash out.
I know this May seem petty but my 3 complaints: it comes in a styrofoam box no travel case. Neck strap very stiff and no padding for back of neck. Lastly the rear cap for eye piece is one piece and does not stay on very well . Front caps are really nice though.
I hope this helps with any one looking at getting a pair of them if you can live with the few things I mentioned.

Did you get the a reticle in the model you bought as well? If so is the reticle is the left or right eye peice? I read description about that pair and it says they have the SUMR reticle but the 10x50mm doesn't. There really isn't a lot of info about them. What is the aiming point for the laser( dot,crosshair)?

Did you get the a reticle in the model you bought as well? If so is the reticle is the left or right eye peice? I read description about that pair and it says they have the SUMR reticle but the 10x50mm doesn't. There really isn't a lot of info about them. What is the aiming point for the laser( dot,crosshair)?

Yes reticle in the right eye and ranging is just left of center.

Which model number did you get? There are tons of choices.

Military version model # 5918
image.jpg

Last edited: