• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner MX5i 5-25x56 MSR and Burris Customer Service - Disappointing

I'm not sure about that either but I did hear back again today from the same person at Burris I spoke with yesterday, and they're definitely working to help me get this issue sorted out. I am very glad and appreciative that there appears to be something positive in the works.

I'm not sure the user account "Steiner Optics" can or is receiving PM's sent to it. May be unwittingly disabled?

I sent one over three weeks ago asking for pics of the t5Xi 5-25x56 to be added to that thread as they were promised in the original post and never heard anything, pics of the scope still not up.

There definitely seems t be something wrong. The Steiner rep has not posted anything since the 10th of June. After being so active with responding to Q&A about the new line it is awkward that it just stopped. I'm hoping he's OK and it's nothing really serious.

I'm not sure about that either but I did hear back again today from the same person at Burris I spoke with yesterday, and they're definitely working to help me get this issue sorted out. I am very glad and appreciative that there appears to be something positive in the works.

Hell yeah, it's about time....

I sent and received PM's with the steiner rep about a month ago, unless he's disabled or own a trip somewhere (a definite possibility) then he should be getting his PM's.

I mentioned in another thread that I called steiner at least three times to inquire about LE purchases, I gave up, but they eventually returned my call about a week later.
I really wanted one of their new 3-15x scopes, but since they are almost impossible to get a hold of, it gives me pause for concern.
In their defense, they may have an all hands on deck evolution going to roll out these new scopes on time.
In ref to LE/Mil purchases, they expect the new scopes to hit promotive late in the 1st quarter of next year they do not have a separate program for direct purchase.

On another note, every time I have called the Burris side of the house, someone has picked up the phone and been very helpful.

I've looked through ONE Steiner 5-25, about 1.5 years ago.

First I looked at an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper with black spots printed on it. The spots looked like purple fuzzballs. I tried adjusting the parallax around, but it didn't help.

Then I started looking at foliage ~300-600 yards away. The CA was horrendous. Little branches were so fringed it almost looked like they had more little branches of their own.

Anyway, I too have seen EXACTLY what the OP is describing from a 5-25 Steiner.

Everyone,
Just got off the phone with the guy who has been taking care of the “Steiner Optics” account and he hasn’t gone MIA, but a communication error on our part did leave the account inactive while he was away. He is the product manager for the new scope line, as well as sales and a ton of other duties. He took off a couple of weeks ago on business travel then took a few days of vacation before his return. Normally I help out when he is away, but this time we were both out of pocket and dropped the ball. The newly listed position is directly related to this issue and our ability to provide better service/information in the future – we want someone dedicated to talking to you, our customers, and providing timely responses. We value your input and support as we continue to provide better products to serve the community. “Steiner Optics” will be back in the office at the end of this week and will try to get everyone updated/replied back to as soon as possible.
Thank you for the support!

With Steiner's somewhat recent and very positive appearance to the high-end scopes community, they have a huge opportunity here to win over some people who might have been on the fence by showing that they are serious about listening to what the people want and going back to the drawing board if necessary, as well as taking customer support very seriously.

I'm with you. I have 2 of the 5-25s on preorder, and I'm now second guessing my decision.

FWIW the re-emergence of Steiner on the boards and the apparent progress towards a resolution for the OP are making me feel better, and on paper the scope is hard to beat, but yeah, this will not go down as a great moment in community management (which might be why Steiner is looking for someone to specialize in that).

I had a Steiner Military 5-25x56, and at times I noticed CA, and at other times it was not there.
I discovered that although the scope has a very large eyebox, straying from the center of the eyebox resulted in CA.

After that discovery I don't remember CA being a problem. I'm not saying it was never present, but I was too busy shooting to notice if it was.

I have the same scope and experienced the same thing.

Any update to this thread?

I'm between ordering a new Gen II Vortex or waiting for the T5xi with a MSR.

I'll gladly spend 500 more on the Vortex to avoid any possible CS problems... but am still optimistic that a positive solution was reached.

Last edited:
Any update to this thread?

I'm between ordering a new Gen II Vortex or waiting for the T5xi with a MSR.

I'll gladly spend 500 more on the Vortex to avoid any possible CS problems... but am still optimistic that a positive solution was reached.

I believe the issue was resolved and the OP was satisfied. Hopefully he will post and verify. I will double check with customer service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I considered buying this same Steiner 5-25. I can't even begin to explain how glad I am that I did not. I sure would like to hear what the end result was in this case.

Is this CA issue a QC problem? Is it due to the design of the scope or out of spec lens elements?

I don't know the details. I don't believe there is a CA 'issue' . I've shot numerous Steiners over the past three years and I've never seen it.

There is a hundred guys on here with Steiner scopes. This 'issue' was one guy with one scope. Nobody else has ever said anything. Definitely not something I would allow to affect my buying decision.

I don't believe there is a CA 'issue'.

There is a hundred guys on here with Steiner scopes. This 'issue' was one guy with one scope. Nobody else has ever said anything. Definitely not something I would allow to affect my buying decision.

Quickdraw40, why are you digging yourself into a hole? There are three people on this thread that state CA problems with your scopes. Either you calling them lairs, you had a batch of shit glass that got fixed, or shit glass is within the specs .... how's that not supposed to "affect my buying decision"?

P.S. Good thread to read just to see how people view the world:
Business owners: the face of the company the only thing that matters
Business reps: profit - loss = net profit
Consumers: both those fanboys that never bought anything expensive but since it's expensive it must be awesome, and those who work hard for their money and know what they deserve for it.

I didn't read the whole thread again before posting, I'm just saying I've never seen it. But if it's on the internet, it must be true.

I went back and browsed most of the posts, not every word of every post, and I didn't keep score, but it appeared there are more posts saying it's not an issue and a number saying there is no difference compared than any other high end 5x scope, so I'll stand by previous statements.

Last edited:
It's not 'my' scope, I'm a sponsored shooter, not a rep or employee of the company and nothing from this humble, inexperienced, fanboy is an official statement.....

I encourage everyone to look through one themselves, if at all possible.

Last edited:
I would like to say I bought one of the the 4-16 military's , for a very fair price. The first one had a sticky turret. I called cs talked to a real life English speaker. Received a label and in short order was sent a brand new scope, before I had even sent the bad scope in . The new one had good feeling turrets, which had hash marks that didn't line up every time. I called cs spoke to a person. a day or two went by and it was determined the turret knobs were inaccurately engraved/lined. They sent me I think 5 new turrets the first one I tried lined up great. I have since mailed the turrets to another member who had the same issue.

The scope tracks well and has good glass to my flawed eyesite.

On a 20moa base it has 19.5 mils up.

I paid 1700 bucks for it and it came with a pair of binos which I traded for 550 bucks ( a ss10x and a nf unimount). So scope cost $1150. Which I feel is a bargain.

Was I pissed when the first 2 had problems. Fuck yeah. But the company handled it all on there dime and with good turn around time. They are new at this and it would be illogical to think a co can mass produce 1st run products with out fucking up something. It happens to everyone.

As a once wronged customer I feel Steiner handled my problems well, which is why I have posted this.

To the op if you feel your product isn't up to snuff take it to the top and don't give up till you feel you've got your monies worth. If that's doesn't work you've got the co's address. March down there and throw your scope through their front window ,with letter attached reading take this shit back to Auschwitz, and take the loss. But don't forget to tell the world about it. Cause this is Merica. And that's how capitalism works.

Since we're talking about Steiner customer service:
Does Steiner offer a "tune up" service for their scopes? If I had an older Steiner Military with the reported "mushy" turrets and sent it in, would Steiner upgrade the turrets? I wouldn't mind if it was at my expense, I just want to know if they offer the service.

Is Burris in the business chain for Steiner optics ? Why was Burris CS talked about ? Google CA there is a very good article explaining what it is.

Burris and Steiner are under the Beretta umbrella.

Oh, I though googling 'CA' was going to explain the relationship between Burris and Steiner....