• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Steiner predator vs Zeiss HD5

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Just bought a Zeiss HD5 5x25x50mm off Camera Land. They have a Demo Steiner predator 4x16x50mm for $739.00 I wonder how the glass compares to the HD5 ?

Re: Steiner predator vs Zeiss HD5

I am also interested in more info about these scopes.

i have the exact steiner predator but have never looked through a zeiss. all i can say is wow. great glass clarity and clicks are smooth. i really like the reticle as well easy to use. its on a hunting rig of mine. and have shown it to many friends and they want one. at that price hard to beat.

Post on another forum says the Zeiss is better ? Maybe my 55 year old eyes wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S.GREEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have the exact steiner predator but have never looked through a zeiss. all i can say is wow. great glass clarity and clicks are smooth. i really like the reticle as well easy to use. its on a hunting rig of mine. and have shown it to many friends and they want one. at that price hard to beat. </div></div>

Glad that you are still loving that Steiner brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S.GREEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have the exact steiner predator but have never looked through a zeiss. all i can say is wow. great glass clarity and clicks are smooth. i really like the reticle as well easy to use. its on a hunting rig of mine. and have shown it to many friends and they want one. at that price hard to beat. </div></div>

Glad that you are still loving that Steiner brother. </div></div>

Hell ya man. It's sweet. Nicest optics I've had that's for sure. And you hooked it up.

Just got in my Steiner two days ago and I have found the scope of all scopes. I have two of the Zeiss HD scopes one Conquest, a Monarch, and a Meopta and they are officially up for sale. I have no idea why they aren't talked about more than they are. I just happened upon one at sporting goods store and am sold sold sold!

I have a Steiner 5-25 and a Predator. The Predator glass is very good. For the money I dont think the 5-25x is worth it. I dont feel that the 5-25x is any better than my NF 8-32 NSX that it replaced. Im a huge fan of Zeiss having a Darivari and Conquest.

I have a Steiner 5-25 and a Predator. The Predator glass is very good. For the money I dont think the 5-25x is worth it. I dont feel that the 5-25x is any better than my NF 8-32 NSX that it replaced. Im a huge fan of Zeiss having a Darivari and Conquest.

I am sorry but Steiner 5-25x56 BLOWS NF NXS out of the water. I sold a NXS and upgraded to Steiner and its not even close. The glass in the Steiner is SO MUCH better than the NXS scopes, its almost unfair. I bought my NXS 5.5-22x56 NPR2 after selling a $1000 Swarovski Habicht 4-12x50 hunting scope and figured a $2000 NF would have equal glass...HA!!! The scope worked fine for shooting long range during the day but when using it at low light it was terrible. I could easily watch deer with my Swarovski binos but could barely make out the blob of the deer with the scope on 12x. I got hooked up by JTRAX with a great deal on the Steiner and the glass is so much better. Not just at low light but in every scenario I have used it in. There is a reason NF came out with their new scopes, and simply put its their mediocre glass in the NXS line.

Last edited:
MIne must be a lemon than. Even my buddy took a look though it last time we shot 600yards and he wasn't impressed either. The first scope I purchased had flakes from the antiglare coating on the reticle. Maybe the quality is slipping.