• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Steiner Support Stateside?

Re: Steiner Support Stateside?

Burris is the group that handles the Steiner Tactical Scopes in the USA.

Sky Leighton is the contact I have over there, but look up Burris in Colorado to get his details, as I don't' have them at my finger tips right now.

Since that is the case, I can add that Burris warranty work has been really good to me. Lifetime no matter if you are the original owner or not. I sent a second hand XTR in with mushed out elevation adjustments and tracking and within two weeks of it leaving here I had it back good as new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is their stateside support for Steiner Optics. A minor issue with my Steiner Tactical Scope. </div></div>

Mind sharing your issue? My Steiner has been great but wanted to know if there's something for me to watch out for.

Not sure what his scopes issue is but mine the entire ocular housing is now loose. From the diopter to the mag ring, if I wanted I could unscrew the entire thing. Burris/Steiner will now be hearing from 2 hide members about service.

Thanks FBE, could you please post on your experience with support?

Out of curiousity, what platform were you running it on?

I haven't mounted my scope yet so I havent uncovered anything serious. I am scheduled to speak to support today. I think I simply have an elevation cap thats a bit off in its hash marks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't mounted my scope yet so I havent uncovered anything serious. I am scheduled to speak to support today. I think I simply have an elevation cap thats a bit off in its hash marks. </div></div>

I doubt they are off. Mine looked like that once I rezeroed but fixed that very easily. Loosen the set screws and line up any hash marks with the scope. Once you tighten them down you will have them dead on. It is a slight pain in the butt due to the location of the screws but once they are tightened you leave them anyway. Like most European scopes of this level they don't use those stupid spline marks that you find on lower end scope lines but will freely rotate when the set screws are loose. Keep in mind that you may have the zero off by a half of a click but that is due to the location of the zerostop flange on the inside of the elevation knob. Shoot me a PM if you want a better explanation.

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daplague</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks FBE, could you please post on your experience with support?

Out of curiousity, what platform were you running it on? </div></div>

Will do, I don't forsee any issues with customer service. It is currently mounted on a 700 .308.

Flyingbullseye

FBE I would agree with you except that the amount off changes the higher you go in that rev. I really think its the marks on the cap.

At any rate most importantly, Steiner was all about the customer service! Scopes in this tier are seperated by little so if one company truly offfers great support, that is worthy of great consideration in my view.

Thank you Sky!!!

Figured I'd post an update as my scope has been back and too the range a number of times since.

First off as I mentioned before the entire eye housing came loose and I could have unscrewed the entire thing off the scope if I wanted.

picture002aw.jpg

I called Burris/Steiner and after talking to a pleasant customer service person I sent it in. I sent the scope in on a Wednesday, as per USPS it was delivered to Steiner that Friday and by the following Wednesday I had the scope back. Total 7 days, not bad. The Steiner baseball hat and golf shirt was a nice touch too. I just have to shrink the golf shirt to my size.

As of now its rock solid, I couldn't break it now if I tried. I'm not exactly sure why the eye housing came loose, more than likely I'm the lucky bastard that received the one that made it through QC. In any case, considering Steiner's all around quality and pricing if they (hint hint Steiner) made the 4-16 a 4-20 with the MSR reticle in the $2500/2600 range changing nothing else they'd have little to no competition in that price bracket. I'm happy how everything turned out wouldn't/won't hesitate to recommend Steiner to anyone.

Flyingbullseye

I was lucky enough to visit Burris/Steiner last week. I was really impressed with the operation and the work that goes into the scopes. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or buy a steiner military scope.

Update. They confirmed the issue with my scope. But more importantly they have been AMAZINGLY accomodating in helping me through the issue. Service has been flawless!!!

Thank you Sky!