• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner T5xi 5-25x56

axarob44

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2017
Warren, Ohio
I just recently bought a T5xi from Europtic that was labeled "small blemish" I really can't say what the blemish was, maybe the finish under the anodizing was a little rough I don't know what else it could be, but it definitely was mounted and possibly used for a bit(slight bit of corrosion on the screw on the bottom of the turret when I took it out of the box) . . I mounted it on my 6.5CM and proceeded to sight it in. I was having trouble focusing and the parallax knob seemed to be off some. Then yesterday I finally got to shoot past 200 yards. The parallax knob/focus is labeled in meters, so it should "around" the same for yards. I could not get a consistent focus until I turned it down past 75 meters on the knob, and at that it was still slightly blurry. I couldn't get it right and it made me eyes fatigued and gave me a headache. I bought this thing because I thought they got the bugs worked out on them. It does have the updated turret (logo), and I trusted Europtics. I've bought more than a few scopes from them over the years. I'm just speculating, but it seems who ever had it before me probably came to the same conclusions as me and returned the scope.Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable? Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
photo80249.jpg it has been updated.

Last edited:
The triangle logo above the “UP” label suggests that the scope has been returned to Steiner for the turret repair if it was an early production model. Those sent in for the turret retrofit would not have been checked for other malfunctions unless a specific request was made on the Steiner web site to log in the return request. I know because I have a T5 wh8ch was returned for repair.

Either way, log a request for return to Steiner for repair. You should be covered under the “Heritage” warranty.

Thank you, I just submitted a request. How are they as far as warranty work goes? Pretty easy to deal with?

I really like mine and it was sent in for the upgraded turrets and grey reticle (due to the illumination) mine is one of the very early ones that is marked Steiner Germany.

Thank you, I just submitted a request. How are they as far as warranty work goes? Pretty easy to deal with?

My experience was very good. I had a couple of emails with the project manager who was brought in to fix the mess with the early production units. He was very professional and I had the scope back in just under two weeks.

One bit of advise if I may. Remove your throw lever before sending the scope in. I left the lever attached to the scope when I sent it in for the turret repair and the lever didn’t come back with the repaired scope. The project manager made sure I got a new lever - sent it express mail.

I've got no clue who you are or what kind of experience you have, so forgive me if you just neglected to put it in your post, or I missed it, but did you mess with your diopter at all? The parallax is marked in meters and you didn't comment on the diopter, so I'm just wondering if you had it set properly before you started messing with parallax. This is a common issue with many people and a new scope. This particular scope yes has had several issues, but I would play it with again and get someone else to take a look before sending it back and getting the "looks good to us" answer or they send you a different one with the same "issue" that is potentially not an issue at all.

Well, today I remounted the scope and this time went out side so I could make sure I had the eye relief set up right, made sure I had the diopter adjusted right, and the rings (Seekins) torqued correctly. Went to the range and sighted it in at 100 yards. Everything looked alright. I will say that even at 100 yards the image quality was not very good, but the parallax was correct on the knob. When I moved to 200 yards I really could not find an adjustment that would give me a good focus.

You guys that have one of these that work, are you happy with them? I ask because maybe I'm expecting to much from this scope. My only reference is limited to my other scopes,.
I have a Vortex Razor HD gen2 4.5-27x56, a USO LR17 3,2-17x44, and a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50. I have no problem seeing a 1" dot at 200 yards and I can bring it into precises focus at that range. Am I expecting to much from this scope? I figure they are in the same price range, Steiner is a good company, but I've never looked through one before.

I can not get this scope focused on the 1" dot at 200 yards. I even tried a different pair of eyeglasses. The biggest thing I noticed and probably why I can't get it focused is because of chromatic aberration.It is pretty bad. It's apparent at 100 yards. My orange target dots are pink. I really don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to return it just for them to say nothing is wrong with it. I don't want to sell it and screw someone over if there is a problem. You guys that own a good one, let me know please. Thank you

edit to add. The overall image quality on this thing is just dead, no pop, no contrast, colors are just flat off.

Last edited:
Well, today I remounted the scope and this time went out side so I could make sure I had the eye relief set up right, made sure I had the diopter adjusted right, and the rings (Seekins) torqued correctly. Went to the range and sighted it in at 100 yards. Everything looked alright. I will say that even at 100 yards the image quality was not very good, but the parallax was correct on the knob. When I moved to 200 yards I really could not find an adjustment that would give me a good focus.

You guys that have one of these that work, are you happy with them? I ask because maybe I'm expecting to much from this scope. My only reference is limited to my other scopes,.
I have a Vortex Razor HD gen2 4.5-27x56, a USO LR17 3,2-17x44, and a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50. I have no problem seeing a 1" dot at 200 yards and I can bring it into precises focus at that range. Am I expecting to much from this scope? I figure they are in the same price range, Steiner is a good company, but I've never looked through one before.

I can not get this scope focused on the 1" dot at 200 yards. I even tried a different pair of eyeglasses. The biggest thing I noticed and probably why I can't get it focused is because of chromatic aberration.It is pretty bad. It's apparent at 100 yards. My orange target dots are pink. I really don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to return it just for them to say nothing is wrong with it. I don't want to sell it and screw someone over if there is a problem. You guys that own a good one, let me know please. Thank you

edit to add. The overall image quality on this thing is just dead, no pop, no contrast, colors are just flat off.

Something is not right with the scope. The glass - at least in my opinion - is comparable to the NXS as I’ve owned one. I just don’t have the focus issues that seem to be affecting yours. I do pick up some CA (purple fringing) in very high contrast situations such as shooting with snow on the ground but nothing like what you’re seeing with your scope.

Ok, Thank you Ruggedtouch, That is helpful. Anyone else that owns on that can tell me about yours.

Hmm, you may have some legit issues. I thought you had issues at 100 as well, but looks like you're good to go there. I have the 3-15 that gets me a crisp image at all ranges. As far as total image quality, it will suffer compared to your Razor gen ii for sure. It should be as good or maybe slightly better than the nxs or USO. It seems the 3-15's always had less issues and less complaints about glass quality than the 5-25 though.

Yeah. at a 100 yards the focus is finicky but I can dial it in. But I notice chromatic aberration at 100 and from shot to shot I feel like I need to adjust it again. My other scopes I just dial it in focus and forget about it. At 200 I'm constantly adjusting to get try to focus and just can't get it.

Sent it back to Steiner (Burris) see how it turns out. Thank you all for the help!

Last edited: