• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner T6Xi vs March FX

mvphilly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
Have it narrowed down to these two which one should get a seat on the reciever?

Which ones?
What purpose?
So many questions before anyone can answer you.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Sorry it was sort of in the title. Steiner T6xi or the March FX Highmaster. Will be used for benchrest shooting a 308 winchester

Still don’t have enough info. Which specific scopes/ mag range.

Read this and provide more details:

Reactions: DJL2
Still don’t have enough info. Which specific scopes/ mag range.

Read this and provide more details:
It would be the Steiner 5 -30 x 56 T6xi and the march 4,5-28 x 52

Also it will be on a Impact 737 short action 308 in a Manners LRH stock. Barrel is 24".

I love my March FX 4.5-28x52, I think it's a really good piece of kit. That being said, March has a number of other optics that are arguably MUCH more suited for what you're trying to do. The FX is a "crossover" or hybrid scope that leans heavily towards that field/tactical shooting genre. If you're dedicated to BR or F-class, the D60HV56T for example (the "High Master" 10-60x56).

Again, I love my FX... but, if you walk the line at BR and F-class matches, you're not gonna see many (any?)...

I love my March FX 4.5-28x52, I think it's a really good piece of kit. That being said, March has a number of other optics that are arguably MUCH more suited for what you're trying to do. The FX is a "crossover" or hybrid scope that leans heavily towards that field/tactical shooting genre. If you're dedicated to BR or F-class, the D60HV56T for example (the "High Master" 10-60x56).

Again, I love my FX... but, if you walk the line at BR and F-class matches, you're not gonna see many (any?)...
Thanks I just thought the size of the FX would be better for the stock I am choosing.