• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate....UPDATE as of 3-17-10

if you build on in 5.7X28 put me on the list for the info on that one

Ahhh.... just realized that the MCS-T is more like the stock on my 700P than my McMillan A-5. Do you know if it'd be possible to get it in to a T-4? I may have to wait for the 605 so I can get a stock to match my .308...

Looks great though!

Shawn

workmanship on the Model 323 looks superb, cant wait to see the Model 605 in the flesh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: secretsquirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">workmanship on the Model 323 looks superb, cant wait to see the Model 605 in the flesh. </div></div>

Thanks Squirrel....I have a new safety lever with more area under the thumb and I'm making a new bolt shroud. A few other minor changes and it'll be ready to go. The Model 605 is falling out of some of my centerfire action projects quite nicely....

I didn't see this on my build sheet, these are included in the black bag package right?
grin.gif

Really though, they look very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any update pics for the finished product?

L. </div></div>

As a matter of fact, I've been trying to make the time to post an update. While I was in KC, Tom made a prototype stock (called the MCS-SW) and I have handed it off to Tim in my shop to do all the finish work on. The completed stock will go back to Tom so he can use it to make the mold. I'll get photos posted of a completed rifle once the stock is finished and before it goes back to Tom....

Just a quick update here;

The Model 323 is coming along quite nicely. I've made some new changes and re-designed the recoil lug in order to eliminate the dove-tailed lug on the bottom of the receiver. The new lug will be a smaller version of the Remington "sandwich" style lug. The new safety is finished and the MCS-SW stock is very close to sending back to Tom. The rub is (in a good way), I have a number of agency contracts to finish before I can get back on the Model 323 to finish it off. I refer to this as a "high class problem" to have, so I'm certainly not complaining, but it has slowed my progress on the 323 a little.

I hope to get photos posted soon of the system with the new recoil lug and safety. These two improvements alone have vastly improved the package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darkstar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking good Mike!
Waiting to see the mounted action. </div></div>

Thanks DS....As a matter of fact, the stock should be finished by the end of this week. I had to put it on hold for a while to finish a few other things, but I'm digging myself out and will remove the barreled action from bedding within the next day or so. I also did away with the dovetailed recoil lug and hand made a few new lugs. The new lugs will sandwich between the receiver and barrel like the Remington style and it is much better than the original arrangement. I believe Tom will have a stock to work with within the next two weeks and then we're off and running.

The pictures look great. please add me to the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vux51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pictures look great. please add me to the list. </div></div>

Thanks and you're on the list....

Can't wait to see the finished results of both. Please add another to the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hayes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to see the finished results of both. Please add another to the list. </div></div>

Done....

Thanks and I'll have an update available by the end of next week....

Tagged, and please add me to the lists. I have a TacOps Green Hornet, and it's usually the attention getter aT the range. I'm anxious to see these!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tagged, and please add me to the lists. I have a TacOps Green Hornet, and it's usually the attention getter aT the range. I'm anxious to see these! </div></div>

Thanks Medic and you're on the list. The stock is now finished and ready to go off to Tom for mold work and I plan to get it shipped out this week after I get the photos done.

Tag. Very interested in a high quality trainer. I'm thinking of getting an mcs for my 5r. The 605 would be a perfect addition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toddcal13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tag. Very interested in a high quality trainer. I'm thinking of getting an mcs for my 5r. The 605 would be a perfect addition. </div></div>

Thanks and you're on the list. The 323 availability is very close and the 605 will be near year end....

Mike,
I am thinking along the lines of a hunting rifle. I like the idea of the 605 with the mag hidden under the floorplate. Dont know if it is possible but not worried about quick mag. changes. Octogon barrel, Walnut stock, rust blue, and a Leupold compact scope in conetrol mounts? Sounds great to me.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stock is now finished and ready to go off to Tom for mold work, and I plan to get it shipped out this week after I get the photos done.</div></div>

Sounds like it's all coming together nicely, Mike!

John,
I should be able to pull that off for you as soon as the 605 is available. I'll be sure to keep you posted as you are on the update list. Thanks and I'll be in touch soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stock is now finished and ready to go off to Tom for mold work, and I plan to get it shipped out this week after I get the photos done.</div></div>

Sounds like it's all coming together nicely, Mike! </div></div>

It is....The greatest challenge has been the competing priorities with all the other projects.

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HEMI Driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I be put on that list as well? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

You're added....Thanks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HEMI Driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I be put on that list as well? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

You can add me too when you have time, Mike. Interested most in the 605...but really both models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HEMI Driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I be put on that list as well? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

You can add me too when you have time, Mike. Interested most in the 605...but really both models. </div></div>

You're on it....Thanks....

Thanks for looking at my thread and pointing me this way. Very interested in the 605, please add me to the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knight_dive</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for looking at my thread and pointing me this way. Very interested in the 605, please add me to the list. </div></div>

No problem and you're on the list....Thanks....

I have been trying hard to resist, but could you please add me to the list?

Thanks,

Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I get on the list for the 605, please? </div></div>

You're been added and Thanks for the interest....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-MadDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying hard to resist, but could you please add me to the list?

Thanks,

Joe </div></div>

Thanks Joe and you're on the list....

Am I still on the list? reason being is I haven't got an update for a while (wondering if you haven't sent updates or if I'm off the list)...

Im interested in the 323 with HEAVY barrel...

Can they be threaded 1/2 X 28 with a thread cap....?

What is a PRICE POINT on these as well...?

Any pics?

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I still on the list? reason being is I haven't got an update for a while (wondering if you haven't sent updates or if I'm off the list)... </div></div>

Yep, you're still on it....I haven't had a chance to send updates as I'm burning through a back log of builds. You should see something pretty soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When will we see the 700 foot print action ? </div></div>

I'm thinking by year end....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im interested in the 323 with HEAVY barrel...

Can they be threaded 1/2 X 28 with a thread cap....?

What is a PRICE POINT on these as well...?

Any pics?

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)
</div></div>

I have a few 323HB packages completed and they've been in testing for a while. No problem on the threaded muzzle....Active LEO?

Mike,

Yes I am active... for about another 2 - 3 years... Finishing my Doctorate... and second masters... then out of LEO..

I REALLY like the looks of these.... AWESOME job!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Yes I am active... for about another 2 - 3 years... Finishing my Doctorate... and second masters... then out of LEO..

I REALLY like the looks of these.... AWESOME job!!! </div></div>

PM Sent....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please add me onto the list too

bill </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dwd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey please put me on the list of interested folks. </div></div>

Thanks Guys and you're both on the list....

Sir, Please add me to the list.

Have always wanted a high quality rimfire that wasn't blued/wood.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagle1899</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir, Please add me to the list.

Have always wanted a high quality rimfire that wasn't blued/wood. </div></div>

You're on it....Thanks....

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 Pics Up

I've finally cleared enough of the centerfire backlog to get the Model 323 finished. The changes from the original prototype is the elimination of the dovetailed recoil lug and replacing it with a Skunkworks Precision Ground Lug that's pinned to the receiver. The smaller safety has been replaced with a new safety that allows faster and more positive function. Pictured here is the Model 323 HB with 18" barrel and the Underground Skunkworks MCS-SW stock. The stock is manufactured exclusively for Underground Skunkworks by Manners.

259io8y.jpg

2q32oeg.jpg

2jd5l02.jpg

in78m9.jpg

35anb7s.jpg

fop05e.jpg

a5dl07.jpg

ilhu92.jpg

289g5dl.jpg

5a5rpy.jpg

A few other minor changes for the production rifles are slightly different and deeper engraving and a different bolt shroud. I'm accepting orders for the pre-order list and expect availability of complete rifles in the 90 day time frame. The price of the Model 323 is $2195 and $90 for the rail. The barrels are available in the HB and LW contour in 18", 20" and 22" lengths. After the initial production ramp-up, an inventory of Model 323's will be available and there will be a choice of barrel length, stock color and barreled action color. The available colors on the stock and barreled action are Black, OD and Dark Earth. It's available in 22LR, 22WMR, 17M2 and 17HMR and the Model 323 is a 5 Shot repeater. I have no plans of doing any single shots....