• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PaulFreeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
Per your email earlier, I am interest in the sporter style mag conversion for the 40x rimfire. I shoot Silhouette and will need the smaller 5 shoot style magazines. I would be intersted in details of you 40x style complete action when it is available. It may be better to just purchase a complete action to build on than do the conversion.

Thanks, Paul Freeman </div></div>

Thanks Paul and you're on the list....

Mike,

We spoke at length by phone about your 40XB repeater conversion, but it has been some time ago. I am not sure if I am your list or not, but please put me there.

I have sold my standard 40 x's and have been holding onto my XB's waiting for this to happen. I am not a benchrest shooter, but a tactical/pratical shooter. As such, as much as I like my 40 XB's, I have never been thrilled with loading "onesy's". To that end most of my 22 lr shooting is with Anschutz 54's and 64's and Win 52B's.

I just posted in another thread that you have straight up on your development and timing of this new product. I also fully expected you to have this project ready for the public just after the first of the year, as you said.

I look forward to seeing what your final design is. I also look forwawrd to having "Skunkworks" convert at least two of my 40XB's to repeaters.

Thank you for your dedication to the project and I hope it is personally rewarding to you and financially rewarding for your company.

AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aquatic_Robotic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

We spoke at length by phone about your 40XB repeater conversion, but it has been some time ago. I am not sure if I am your list or not, but please put me there.

I have sold my standard 40 x's and have been holding onto my XB's waiting for this to happen. I am not a benchrest shooter, but a tactical/pratical shooter. As such, as much as I like my 40 XB's, I have never been thrilled with loading "onesy's". To that end most of my 22 lr shooting is with Anschutz 54's and 64's and Win 52B's.

I just posted in another thread that you have straight up on your development and timing of this new product. I also fully expected you to have this project ready for the public just after the first of the year, as you said.

I look forward to seeing what your final design is. I also look forwawrd to having "Skunkworks" convert at least two of my 40XB's to repeaters.

Thank you for your dedication to the project and I hope it is personally rewarding to you and financially rewarding for your company.

AR </div></div>

Thanks AR and you somehow weren't on the list, but you are now. I appreciate the good words and this has been a fun project. I was held up for a bit while I dealt with some; ahem, interesting situations, but it's running forward at full force again.

Thanks again AR and contact me anytime with any questions you may have....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hope you don't mind but I posted your info to some other websites that will likely bring more interest on the 323 "sporter" style conversion in hopes that enough people will contact you to make it happen.

Thanks again, and if you need a field tester/prototype tester for the 323 conversion, just let me know.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Well, you're quite the salesman. I just spent nearly two hours answering emails from those interested in the Sporter Conversion, so looks like it's a go. I'm going to adjust the design on my Sporter components so the machining for the conversion will be no different than that of the Tactical conversion. This will allow me to run one fixture and program for both conversions.

I'll make an announcement through a PM blast when I'm ready, so if you're not on the list yet, shoot a request to me in this post. My list is managed through my UBB Buddies list and I don't want to keep multiple lists. This will help to ensure that I don't overlook anyone.

</div></div>

I knew if word got out to the right places that the interest would be there. Not to mention, once people see them in action, you'll get even more interest.

Maybe I should collect commission for my sales.
wink.gif

Or you can just put me towards the top of the list for a few of the sporter conversions and we'll call it even. Thanks again Mike.

Mike addition to the list.

Mike

Got yer mail here in the Afghan today. I am 9.5hrs ahead of yer time. Please add me to the list for a conversion. Could use it here on the damn Kangarooo rats!

v/r
S.A. Magyar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hope you don't mind but I posted your info to some other websites that will likely bring more interest on the 323 "sporter" style conversion in hopes that enough people will contact you to make it happen.

Thanks again, and if you need a field tester/prototype tester for the 323 conversion, just let me know.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Well, you're quite the salesman. I just spent nearly two hours answering emails from those interested in the Sporter Conversion, so looks like it's a go. I'm going to adjust the design on my Sporter components so the machining for the conversion will be no different than that of the Tactical conversion. This will allow me to run one fixture and program for both conversions.

I'll make an announcement through a PM blast when I'm ready, so if you're not on the list yet, shoot a request to me in this post. My list is managed through my UBB Buddies list and I don't want to keep multiple lists. This will help to ensure that I don't overlook anyone.

</div></div>

I knew if word got out to the right places that the interest would be there. Not to mention, once people see them in action, you'll get even more interest.

Maybe I should collect commission for my sales.
wink.gif

Or you can just put me towards the top of the list for a few of the sporter conversions and we'll call it even. Thanks again Mike. </div></div>

I've come to the conclusion that you serious rimfire guys are crazy!...In a good way of course
grin.gif

The Sporter Conversion is definitely on my radar and I woke up just prior to 3a today and completely re-designed the components for the Sporter Conversion. Since the interest is much greater than before, my goal is to offer a far more elegant solution than the consumer level solutions currently available at Wal-Mart.

Over the next few days, I'll be converting my early morning sketches into something a bit more discernible. Unfortunately, this pulls me back a little on the schedule, but not by much.

I'll keep you guys posted....

Re: Mike addition to the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike

Got yer mail here in the Afghan today. I am 9.5hrs ahead of yer time. Please add me to the list for a conversion. Could use it here on the damn Kangarooo rats!

v/r
S.A. Magyar </div></div>

You're on the list Smag and I looked at your email this morning. I'll get back to you soon if I have a need, but if I don't, I'll get through the list as quickly as possible.

Thanks....

Please add me to "The List" for 40x conversions

Thanks,
J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I've come to the conclusion that you serious rimfire guys are crazy!...In a good way of course
grin.gif

</div></div>

Well .... yeah that about sums it up. I was afraid no one would contact you for a moment. I only had two or three replies to two different posts that I gave out your info. I'm glad to hear you decided to move forward and I'm sure you'll make the wait worthwhile.

Please add me to your list. I had a Tacmod stock waiting for rimfire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: santosnetto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please, put me on the list for a 605 repeater
Thanks,
Sanosnetto. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dalmo Mendes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please, put me on the list for a 605 repeater too.
Dalmo. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPCR59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Add me to the list as well, please!

Thanks! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add me to your list. I had a Tacmod stock waiting for rimfire. </div></div>

Thanks Guys....You're all on it....

Hi,

Not sure if I've been put on the list already, but if I could be put on the 605 list... it'd be great!

Thanks,
Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unity</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,

Not sure if I've been put on the list already, but if I could be put on the 605 list... it'd be great!

Thanks,
Matt </div></div>

Thanks Matt. You're on it now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me on the list for a 40x conversion! </div></div>

Thanks Joe....You're on it.

Latest Update: 11/12/11

The magazine design for the Model 605 Action and the "Tactical" 40XB Conversion is complete. I'll be moving forward with a SLS proto of the magazine components very soon. Shaking out the magazine design also prompted me to completely overhaul the design for my Enhanced Heavy Duty DBM for the SA. This DBM accepts AICS and AW magazines, and of course, the BlackOps Rimfire Magazine. (I'm already finished with my LA DBM)

Basically, the Rimfire Magazine, the newly designed BlackOps SA DBM and the 40XB "Tactical" Conversion will all be available at the same time. The 40XB Conversion kit will involve machining the 40XB Receiver and supplying replacement parts. The Model 605 Rimfire Action will be available for order by January 1, if not sooner.

Currently, I'm designing the floor metal and magazine to fulfill the 40XB "Sporter" Conversion requirement and the same Sporter Magazine kit will be usable on the Model 605 for those that want to build a Custom Sporter on my action.

The BlackOps Model 605 Action will accept any Remington 700 style trigger and all currently available scope mounting solutions on the market. Of course it'll fit in any Remington 700 SA stock, but that's where I draw the line. Everything else about the action is pure BlackOps Precision ingenuity.

I'll be handing my Model 605 design work off to Glen Harrison and you all already know the level of quality that he and the crew represent at Defiance Machine.

I know this project has been in the works for a while, but we've overcome a lot of challenges to get it to where it is now. We're very close to wrapping it up, but I also have a few more surprises in mind that I'll relinquish at a later date.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Mike,

We've spoke on the phone, but please put me on the list for a 40XB conversion or two, and I know 2 guys interested in the 605 if you make it lefthand.

Onyx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onyx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

We've spoke on the phone, but please put me on the list for a 40XB conversion or two, and I know 2 guys interested in the 605 if you make it lefthand.

Onyx </div></div>

You're on the list and I don't think left handed versions will be a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xfyrfiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please notify me via e-mail when the 605 becomes available. Thanks </div></div>

Not a problem. You're on the blast list....

AUGH!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onyx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Onyx </div></div>

You're on the list and I don't think left handed versions will be a problem. </div></div>

Mike, it was a pleasure talking to you on the phone late this afternoon. Please put me on the list for a rifle built using the 605 in an AICS 2.0 stock. As I mentioned I am interested in .22 mag if possible. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, it was a pleasure talking to you on the phone late this afternoon. Please put me on the list for a rifle built using the 605 in an AICS 2.0 stock. As I mentioned I am interested in .22 mag if possible. Thanks. </div></div>

Thanks Dave and it was good to speak with you as well. You're on the list and the 22WMR won't be an issue.
wink.gif

Stay in touch and let me know if you have any questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wackedoutstudios</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you please notify me when the 605 is available also. Thanks. </div></div>

Will do....You're on the list....

Please add me to the list. I'm sorry if this has been answered prior but will the 605 drop into chassis designed for a R700?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkmckinley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add me to the list. I'm sorry if this has been answered prior but will the 605 drop into chassis designed for a R700? </div></div>

You're on the list and Yes, it'll drop into any chassis designed for the R700. Also, the BlackOps 22LR magazines will plug into the chassis as well.

Thanks....

Definitely put me on the list for the 40X conversion!!

Thanks,
_DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely put me on the list for the 40X conversion!!

Thanks,
_DT </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gebhardt02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Please add me to the list. Thank you.

Geb </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCEOD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
Please add me to the list for the 605. Thanks. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeyAld</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Add me to the list too please! Thank you </div></div>

Thanks Guys, you're all on the list....

UPDATE: 12-01-2011

Today, I finished everything required to perform the "Tactical" Conversion to the Remington 40XB. I'll be offering a kit that consists of:

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Machining Operations</span></span>
Machine Mag Well
Machine Pin Holes in the Receiver Face
Machining for BlackOps Rimfire Side Bolt Release

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Required Components</span></span>
BlackOps One Piece Bolt Kit (bolt body with integral handle, extended bolt nose, firing pin kit, ejector and extractor kits, shroud, cocking piece and all springs and pins)
BlackOps Rimfire Side Bolt Release Kit
BlackOps Recoil Lug
BlackOps DBM (with BlackOps Pillar Set)
BlackOps Rimfire Magazine

Obviously, this is the full kit and there may be those that don't want/need the Side Bolt Release Kit, BlackOps DBM and/or BlackOps Recoil Lug.

At a minimum, you'll need the mag well machining, BlackOps One Piece Bolt and BlackOps Magazine. The one Piece Bolt will be made available for those that have a barreled 40XB receiver from CMP and no bolt.

I'll post pics here soon of converted 40X barreled actions with Magazine and DBM.

The Model 605 isn't far behind. The One Piece Bolt that comes with the Repeater Conversion is the original Model 605 bolt. There are a few small details to polish and I'll have it ready to go before the end of December.

The "Sporter" conversions are nearly ready as well. I have to finish the design of the BlackOps Floor Plate that will drop into any Remington Factory SA inlet and accept our five shot magazine.

I plan on taking in conversions by the end of December and will have a pricing structure prior to then. Thanks guys and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the update Mike.

My only question is when do you want my 40XB for conversion? LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awesome and it figures, I sold my last 40X </div></div>

I think I can fix that
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aquatic_Robotic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the update Mike.

My only question is when do you want my 40XB for conversion? LOL </div></div>

I plan to start taking in Conversions in December. I'll shoot out a blast to everyone on the list.

Thanks AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I look forward to seeing some pics of the components and finished rifles... </div></div>

I can post computer renditions now, but I want to wait and post pics of converted rifles with all the new components.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please put me on list for 605 and conversion </div></div>

Ker,
You've been on the list for quite a while....Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

I am really looking forward to this. Can you give us any kind of price on the conversion.

You may not be able to say yet, but any info on the testing. How accurate has it been, feeding issues... etc.

Obviously depending on the price I will be an early adopter if it works well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am really looking forward to this. Can you give us any kind of price on the conversion.

You may not be able to say yet, but any info on the testing. How accurate has it been, feeding issues... etc.

Obviously depending on the price I will be an early adopter if it works well. </div></div>

There are different levels of the conversion based on guys that have shootable rifles that are complete as a single shot and those that want to convert the barreled receivers available from CMP.

For those that have a complete, shootable rifle, the required parts are minimal. You'll need the extended bolt nose and firing pin kit manufactured by BlackOps Technologies and you can opt to have our Rimfire Side Bolt Release installed (the Side Bolt Release will require our complete bolt kit). If you're doing a re-barrel, I'll machine pin holes in the receiver face for our recoil lug. Obviously you'll need the mag well machined and BlackOps Technologies Magazine.

For those that have the CMP barreled receiver, you'll need the complete Repeater Bolt Kit and all other options are available. In basic terms, we'll take a single shot barreled receiver and return a completely shootable repeater.

We can also take in receivers or complete actions and return a complete repeater system, ready for a barrel and stock, a barreled action or a complete rifle with stock.

My plan is to have pricing info for all variations ready within two weeks as well as photos and tests reports.

Stay tuned and let me know if you have any additional questions.

I have a USMC, but have gotten the PTG 700 bolt yet, and no stock ( to plan the use on used plastic one I have a Manners one money has late. But I has screws and bottom metal if you help with the mine with the 722 bolt 40X with no stock.

Mike,

I know we've chatted here and SC but, please double check I'm on your list... I think I am

Conversion on a complete rifle already in an AICS.

[email protected]

Thanks,

~ Rico

I'd like to see the cost differences between modding a 40X and just a new action.