• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

Kinda what we're all waiting for!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I still make the list? </div></div>

You're on it....Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a USMC, but have gotten the PTG 700 bolt yet, and no stock ( to plan the use on used plastic one I have a Manners one money has late. But I has screws and bottom metal if you help with the mine with the 722 bolt 40X with no stock. </div></div>

Forgive me Frog, but is there a question in there somewhere?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

I know we've chatted here and SC but, please double check I'm on your list... I think I am

Conversion on a complete rifle already in an AICS.

[email protected]

Thanks,

~ Rico </div></div>

Thanks Rico and you've been on the list for quite a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to see the cost differences between modding a 40X and just a new action. </div></div>

Working on it....Standby....

Thanks....

Could you put me on the list please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mtnguy78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you put me on the list please </div></div>

Thanks....You're on it....

UPDATE: 12-18-2011

Well, I completed and published the parts list this week for the 40XB Repeater Conversion. I've turned out the various pins and small parts (they're oddball sizes) for production.

The Bolt Nose Extension will go to production right after SHOT as will the newly designed Extractor and Ejector (they'll be EDM'd). The molds will be made for the magazine components and magazine production will start after SHOT as well.

I've decided not to offer a Side Bolt Release as an option for the 40XB Repeater Conversion. There's too much of a variance from one receiver to the next and I won't be able to guarantee the Side Bolt Release will work across the board, so we'll stick with the original trigger mounted bolt release.

For those of you with Barreled Receivers from CMP, the One Piece Bolt Body will also go into production after SHOT. My goal is to build an inventory of all of the small parts that make up the conversion kit so you guys aren't waiting an inordinate amount of time for your conversions.

<span style="font-weight: bold">MODEL 605</span>
The action design is 100% complete and production will begin after SHOT. (The design and development is a complete in-house BlackOps Technologies venture).

I don't have pricing or an exact availability date yet, but will keep you all informed. My goal is to inventory enough components to build the first 50 rifles, but the end customer will have a choice of stocks beyond the first 25.

My current thought is to offer the first 25 of those 50 rifles up for a Group Buy and if I decide to do this, I'll make every assurance that the necessary components to build the rifles will be in my shop prior to opening a Group Buy. The only hitch is that I won't be interested in coordinating 25 different stocks for the Group Buy rifles. I'll make the choice on which stock will be available for the Group Buy rifles and there won't be any changes in the orders. I'm leaning toward a 22LR RANCH Rifle.

Shoot me a PM with any interest in the Group Buy and I'll make the final decision whether or not I'll offer it.

Thanks Guys....

I've received quite a few PM's regarding the specs of the possible GROUP BUY Model 605. The package will be the Rimfire version of our new RANCH Rifle.

The spec sheet for the RANCH Rifle can be downloaded here: RANCH Rifle Spec Sheet

The Rimfire RANCH Rifle will hold true to the specs in every way with the obvious exception of the chamber. The barrel is made for us by Bartlein, the DBM and Trigger will be BlackOps. Barrel length will be 18" and it will be chambered with the BlackOps 22LR Match Reamer. The muzzle will be threaded 1/2-28 with a custom cap. This is an "All-Around" use package and I'll have pictures available soon of a .223 and .308 that I'm building now.

If I decide to do the Group Buy, I won't deviate from the specs of the Group Buy Rifle. If anyone is interested in a different stock choice, barrel contour, etc., I'll be glad to do a Build Sheet specific to your desired specs. The number of rifles offered will be 25, but I'm rigidly flexible on the number depending upon response to this post.

Thanks Guys and let me know if you have any questions.

This sounds awesome. Cant wait to see some targets from both options, 605 and conversion. Will the mag fit a AI magwell? Meaning, can I take a Rem 700 stock mount up the 605 or my conversion and put the mag in place with the current bottom metal?

Thanks for all the updates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sounds awesome. Cant wait to see some targets from both options, 605 and conversion. Will the mag fit a AI magwell? Meaning, can I take a Rem 700 stock mount up the 605 or my conversion and put the mag in place with the current bottom metal?

Thanks for all the updates. </div></div>

Dusty,
There will be two magazine systems for the Rimfire. The first to be available is the BlackOps AICS Rimfire Magazine. This is a 10 round magazine that will plug into any system that accepts the AICS Short Action (308) Magazine (BlackOps DBM, Badger, Surgeon, AICS Chassis, etc).

The second is the BlackOps Sporter Magazine System. I'm finalizing the design of the floor-plate for this system and it will use a five round magazine.

Mike, what is the "Black Ops Ranch Rifle Stock"? I can't seem to find any information on it. Are you sourcing it, or producing it in house? Feel free to PM me.

I am interested in the Ranch Rifle concept...reminds me of a Kukri...just need to understand the details of contour & stock.

Congrats Mike! Look forward to seeing your pricing for the conversion soon!

yes, mine as well as RR, is ready for shipping at a moments notice.

Regards,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, what is the "Black Ops Ranch Rifle Stock"? I can't seem to find any information on it. Are you sourcing it, or producing it in house? Feel free to PM me.

I am interested in the Ranch Rifle concept...reminds me of a Kukri...just need to understand the details of contour & stock. </div></div>

+1, would like info on the stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a USMC, but have gotten the PTG 700 bolt yet, and no stock ( to plan the use on used plastic one I have a Manners one money has late. But I has screws and bottom metal if you help with the mine with the 722 bolt 40X with no stock. </div></div>

Forgive me Frog, but is there a question in there somewhere? </div></div>

My stoke screws my syntax.
I was to sent my USMC, if needed.
I've a plastic stock since, so I'll play with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another piece of the puzzle has been completed:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2989408#Post2989408

We're getting really close guys and you keep you all updated.... </div></div>

Just dropping by seeing how you are. Read any good books lately?
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TYB422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Mike,
Please put me on the 605 list.

Thx,
-Tyler </div></div>

You're good to go Tyler....Thanks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fbomb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates? </div></div>

Yep....the sls proto of the magazine will be here this week. I'll post up a few pics of the magazine plugged into the BlackOps DBM. In addition, I'll post pics of a repeater converted 40XB.

The Model 605 is being handed off to Defiance Machine and I'll let everyone know when it has officially gone into production. The magazine is basically the final detail, so shouldn't be much longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fbomb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates? </div></div>

Yep....the sls proto of the magazine will be here this week. I'll post up a few pics of the magazine plugged into the BlackOps DBM. In addition, I'll post pics of a repeater converted 40XB.

</div></div>

So can I send in my 40x yet??? ha Just chompin at the bit is all!!!

Would be happy to do a full review of your work on my B/A
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fbomb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates? </div></div>

</div></div>

So can I send in my 40x yet??? ha Just chompin at the bit is all!!!

Would be happy to do a full review of your work on my B/A
grin.gif
</div></div>

Not just yet, but very soon. I have to finish putting the parts list together and creating the SOP. Give me another couple of weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please put me on the list. Tax money here you come ! </div></div>

You've been on it for a while, but no reason not to be thorough
grin.gif

Mike

Saw your new posts. Think I dropped you a line on yer website after SHOT. Looking forward to the parts list, SOP for Conversion and photo's. Will keep an eye out for your product updates, etc. Have an action ready to go when the spec sheet is complete.

v/r
Smag~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike

Saw your new posts. Think I dropped you a line on yer website after SHOT. Looking forward to the parts list, SOP for Conversion and photo's. Will keep an eye out for your product updates, etc. Have an action ready to go when the spec sheet is complete.

v/r
Smag~ </div></div>

Smag,
I'll have pics of the mag system and a converted 40XB this coming week. I should the remainder of the info available soon as well. I'm still digging through emails from SHOT, so I'll be in touch soon.

REALLY intersted in this.

The gear junkie in me would like to see some pics of the 605 action and the two conversion kits (tactical and sporter?).

The realist in my would like to know what the cost difference would be between the options so I can figure out which way I want to go.

Just curious, will you be building-up rifles based on the 605, or will you take stripped 40x actions and complete them and add the kit? Been awhile since I've read the whole thead, sorry if theses are repeats (on the repeater
wink.gif
).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">REALLY intersted in this.

The gear junkie in me would like to see some pics of the 605 action and the two conversion kits (tactical and sporter?).

The realist in my would like to know what the cost difference would be between the options so I can figure out which way I want to go.

Just curious, will you be building-up rifles based on the 605, or will you take stripped 40x actions and complete them and add the kit? Been awhile since I've read the whole thead, sorry if theses are repeats (on the repeater
wink.gif
). </div></div>

The Model 605 and the "Tactical" Repeater Conversion will be out ahead of the "Sporter" Conversion, so stay tuned for pics.

I'll build rifles on all options and I'll supply actions and conversions without building complete rifles....basically, there are a lot of options.

Thanks for the interest ColdDead and I'll add you to the update list.

Rimfire Update:

I sent out PMs this morning for the members on the blast list. There were quite a few full PM boxes, so if you're on the list and didn't get it, or would like to be on the list, here is a copy of what I sent:

O.k. Guys, it's been just over two years and this project is nearly wrapped up. I'm ready to start on my long list of those interested in either the Model 605, a 40XB Repeater Conversion, or both.

If you're receiving this PM, you expressed an interest within the last two years of receiving more info and you were added to the blast list. What I need to do at this point is start capturing requirements of what you guys are looking for so I can work on final pricing. I'm sending out PM's with 10 recipients at a time, so this will take a bit to manage. To make this a little easier, please shoot me an email at [email protected] with the requirements you guys have for either the M605 or the Repeater Conversion.

I have a few packages put together, but I'd like to hear what you guys have in mind as well. We'll be doing the conversions in-house and will supply M605 actions as a part of a complete rifle, a barreled action or a stand alone action.

Thanks Guys and I'll dig through the emails as quickly as possible with responses or questions.

OK Gentlemen, I've read through a lot of the responses from the blast earlier today and I appreciate the feedback. Based on the information, the bases are covered and I've learned a couple of things as well.

I've completed the configuration variables for both the Model 605 and the 40XB Repeater Conversion and I've included the list here. This hasn't been a small project, but I think we're good to go with what I need to formulate pricing and finish the parts list, documentation and SOP. The following list will likely continue to evolve as necessary and availability of the Rimfire Repeater will broaden. More details on this later.

Model 605 Rimfire Configuration

"Tactical" Package
Package includes complete action with recoil lug, fire control system and configured as follows:

Rem700 SA Footprint (drop-in compatible with any currently available Rem700 stock/chassis)
Repeater (Single Shot will also be available) Repeater Feeds from BlackOps/Defiance Magazine (Two Magazines Available, 17M2/22LR and 17HMR/22WMR )
BlackOps/Defiance Magazine Plugs into BlackOps/Defiance EHD DBM and other DBM's that accept the SA AICS Magazines

Feeds All Four Rimfire Cartridges (Switch-Barrel Adapter will be available)
Accepts BlackOps Trigger (Manufactured by Timney)
Right Bolt/Right Port
Left Bolt/Left Port
Right Bolt/Left Port
Left Bolt/Right Port
Choice of Round Rear Bridge (uses BlackOps/Defiance 0 and 20 MOA Rails) or,
Remington Rear Bridge (accepts Remington Bases/Rails)

"Sporter" Package
Same as above but uses the BlackOps/Defiance Hinged Floor Plate with proprietary internal magazine system in place of BlackOps/Defiance EHD DBM

40XB Repeater Conversion (Functional Rifles)
Machine Mag Well
Pin holes in Receiver Face
Replace Bolt Nose Extension
Replace Firing Pin
Open Factory 6-48s to 8-40s
Use Factory Extractor/Ejector
Supply DBM/Magazines (For "Tactical" Package)
Supply Hinged Floor Plate/Internal Magazine System (For "Sporter" Package)

40XB Repeater Conversion (Barreled Receiver Only)
Same as above but include complete one piece bolt assembly (includes extractor, ejector, firing pin, shroud, cocking piece, all pins and springs)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Machine Mag Well
Replace Firing Pin

</div></div>

Just a thought regarding the Sporter Conversion Package. I would imagine most people who go this route will want to use standard Leupold bases with a 6-48 screw. Would it be a problem to exclude the 8-40 upgrade?

Also, what is the point of pinning the receiver face? Does the factory barrel need to be removed to complete the conversion process?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Machine Mag Well
Replace Firing Pin

</div></div>

Just a thought regarding the Sporter Conversion Package. I would imagine most people who go this route will want to use standard Leupold bases with a 6-48 screw. Would it be a problem to exclude the 8-40 upgrade?

Also, what is the point of pinning the receiver face? Does the factory barrel need to be removed to complete the conversion process? </div></div>

Marksman,
You can choose as much or as little from the options list as you'd like. If you don't require re-barreling, or you have a completely functional rifle and just want to convert it to a repeater, the barrel doesn't have to be removed to machine the mag well, but you will need a new bolt nose extension that will ride properly over the magazine.

In addition, the primary reason for going to 8-40s is strength, but in this case, it's to erase the fact that most of Remington's scope base holes are not in the center of the receiver. The larger holes are offered as an option, but aren't always a must.

Thanks Marksman and let me know if you have any additional questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please put me on the list for Model 605 information. </div></div>

Thanks DM....You're on the list....

UPDATE:

I received the prototype magazine (prototyped via the Selective Laser Sintering process) and I performed the conversion on one of my two 40XB receivers. After a slight re-design of the machining process on the extended bolt nose, extractor and retainer, and designing/making a new ejector, I'm happy to report that I have one fully functional and reliable 40X Rimfire Repeater.

As a result of today's design review/test, I will also re-design the top of the magazine and make another prototype. I'm confident the changes will complete the prototyping phase and I'll be able to start accepting conversions.

The bare minimum that will be required to complete a Repeater Conversion is:

Machine Mag Well
Supply Replacement Extractor, Retainer and Custom Ejector
Supply Replacement Bolt Nose Extension
Supply Replacement Firing Pin
Machine Features in Receiver for Replacement Ejector
Supply Magazine(s)

Once the conversion is complete, you'll have a True Controlled Round Feed 40X Repeater. There are quite a few little nuances about the 40XB design, and I now fully understand why Remington wasn't succesful in accomplishing a reliable 40XB Repeater. The fact that we were able to accomplish this and accomplish Controlled Round Feed is a real plus for the platform.

The Model 605 Rimfire Repeater will also have the Controlled Round Feed feature as well.

I know you guys are chompin' at the bit to send me your actions, as I'm barraged with email and phone calls, but hold on a little longer. I still have to get the replacement parts and magazine into production, revise the parts list and pricing, write code and make fixtures.

I'll post regular updates here and direct email and phone calls to this post in an effort to stay off the phone and the computer.

Are you going to be doing these conversions on both the 40XB & older 40X (722 based) actions or just the newer 700 based models?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you going to be doing these conversions on both the 40XB & older 40X (722 based) actions or just the newer 700 based models? </div></div>

The differences between the X and XB are rather minute, and I'd say purely aesthetic. The functional aspects are the same, so the conversion will work the same on both platforms.

Thanks Chris and let me know if you have any additional questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK Gentlemen, I've read through a lot of the responses from the blast earlier today and I appreciate the feedback. Based on the information, the bases are covered and I've learned a couple of things as well.

I've completed the configuration variables for both the Model 605 and the 40XB Repeater Conversion and I've included the list here. This hasn't been a small project, but I think we're good to go with what I need to formulate pricing and finish the parts list, documentation and SOP. The following list will likely continue to evolve as necessary and availability of the Rimfire Repeater will broaden. More details on this later.

Model 605 Rimfire Configuration

"Tactical" Package
Package includes complete action with recoil lug, fire control system and configured as follows:

Rem700 SA Footprint (drop-in compatible with any currently available Rem700 stock/chassis)
Repeater (Single Shot will also be available) Repeater Feeds from BlackOps/Defiance Magazine (Two Magazines Available, 17M2/22LR and 17HMR/22WMR )
BlackOps/Defiance Magazine Plugs into BlackOps/Defiance EHD DBM and other DBM's that accept the SA AICS Magazines

Feeds All Four Rimfire Cartridges (Switch-Barrel Adapter will be available)
Accepts BlackOps Trigger (Manufactured by Timney)
Right Bolt/Right Port
Left Bolt/Left Port
Right Bolt/Left Port
Left Bolt/Right Port
Choice of Round Rear Bridge (uses BlackOps/Defiance 0 and 20 MOA Rails) or,
Remington Rear Bridge (accepts Remington Bases/Rails)

"Sporter" Package
Same as above but uses the BlackOps/Defiance Hinged Floor Plate with proprietary internal magazine system in place of BlackOps/Defiance EHD DBM

Machine Mag Well
Replace Firing Pin

40XB Repeater Conversion (Barreled Receiver Only)
Same as above but include complete one piece bolt assembly (includes extractor, ejector, firing pin, shroud, cocking piece, all pins and springs)

</div></div>

Pricing on the differet options?

Mike, pictures of the 40XB conversion?

My B/A is ready to go.

Any closer to figuring out pricing?

I followed this project for a while but haven't for the past year. Just browsed the thread up to current and unless I missed something ....

I can take the 605 action and drop it into a XLR chassis and use the Black Ops/Defiance mags ...

So the 605 uses a recoil lug the same as 700 SA and I build a kiplinger trigger and barrel my action and roll? Have a full size trainer to match my 308?

HELL YAH ... put me back on the list!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, pictures of the 40XB conversion?

My B/A is ready to go. </div></div>

Kevin,
Been offline for a while. I'll get pics posted up ASAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sonic Crack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike can you put me on the blast list please, thank you. Also interested in the 40X conver </div></div>

You're on it Sonic....Thanks.