• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stepping Up To the Plate UPDATE for 9-14 NEW PICS

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Underground Skunkworks is proud to announce a new precision Rimfire Bolt action. Finished actions will be available within the next two months and will be offered as complete actions with trigger and one magazine, a barreled action with choice of contour, finished rifles or Integrally Suppressed Tactical packages. Complete rifles will carry a 1/2 MOA or better guarantee. High quality synthetic stocks will also be offered as well and pricing info will be available soon. To get on the list early, shoot me an e-mail or PM. I will also be offering a group buy when the actions become available.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The latest update sent out via PM Blast is as follows:</span>
Underground Skunkworks will be offering two versions of the Precision Rimfire Action. The Model 323 is a smaller precision action that will be offered as a complete action (with trigger and bottom metal), a barreled action, a complete custom rifle and an integrally suppressed rifle package. The rifle built on the Model 323 is intended for shooting on the move and practicing field expedient positions. There will, of course, be a LE and Military version. I'm working with Tom Manners to do a MCS-T style stock.

The second action, the Model 605, is a true-to-scale Remington 700 size action that uses a 40X style bolt. This is a serious precision action for true to scale trainers and LE/Military use. The Model 605 is intended to fit any Remington 700 SA stock, uses any Remington style trigger, has a Remington 700 bottom metal footprint and the bottom metal will accept a detachable magazine. I can't advertise yet which magazine I'm using, but I think you guys will appreciate the accomplishment. The 605 will be offered as a complete action (includes trigger, bottom metal, recoil lug and Pic rail), complete barreled action and complete custom build. Both actions will have an optional Picatinny rail.

More details on the Model 605 will be available soon but as it stands right now, the DBM Bottom Metal for the rotary magazine is in prtotypical stage and the DBM Bottom Metal for the five shot single stack will follow. There are no other details on the Model 605 that I can release just yet, but I will be updating here more often as the projects move forward. Thanks guys and let me know if you have any questions....

<span style="font-weight: bold">Update as of 03-17-10</span>
Underground Skunkworks Model 323 Rimfire Rifle Specifications

The Underground Skunkworks Model 323 is a Precision Rimfire Rifle that is manufactured to very exacting standards, the very same Underground Skunkworks Set of Standards as our Custom Precision Centerfire Rifles, sharing the
lineage of our RECON .308 and the Skunkworks Precision Rifle. The Model 323 is a light weight and compact precision rimfire that is great for training, hunting and there is also a Law Enforcement package. The Model 323 specifications are:

Action Type: Precision Bolt Action, Magazine Fed, Three Locking Lugs
Extraction: Coil Sprung, Dual Opposing

Ejection: Fixed

Trigger: Fully Adjustable, Single Stage

Bottom Metal: Machined Aluminum

Magazine: Five Shot (Rifle Comes with Two Magazines)

Barrel: Broughton 5C™ Match
Available Barrel Lengths: 18, 20, 22, and 24” (22” is Standard)
18” Integral Suppressed Barrel is Available, All NFA Rules Apply
Available Calibers: 17M2, 22LR, 17HMR, 22WMR
Ask us about our proprietary 22LR Skunkworks Match chamber
Stock: Underground Skunkworks Tactical Hunter (Manufactured for UGSW by Manners Composite Stocks) Includes Three Studs
Standard LOP: 13.5”

Metal Finish: “Skunkspray” (Black, Dark Earth, OD) Single Color is Standard
Stock Finish: Polyurethane Enamel (Black, Dark Earth, OD) Single Color is Standard
Options: Picatinny Rail, Sling, Flush Cups, Custom LOP, Light Weight Stock
MSRP: $2595 Standard (22LR and 22WMR)
Integrally Suppressed: TBD

<span style="font-weight: bold">NEW UPDATE (05/24/2010)</span>

I've finally reached the point that I can start barreling actions for the Model 323. The first six rifles will be a mix of 22 LR "Skunkworks" Match and 22WMR. Three of the six will be Integrally Suppressed, and of those three that are suppressed, one will be a 22WMR. All six will be RB/RP, Chromoly Receiver with Stainless (airgauged) Broughton Match Barrel. I will have one Model 323HB (barrel length of 18" and a muzzle diameter of .750"), two Model 323LW (barrel length of 18" with a muzzle diameter of .625"), and three Model 323S (18" integrally suppressed barrel).

After I finish the barreled actions, I'll be traveling with one of each to Nth Kansas City to meet with Tom Manners so we can record measurements for the stock mold. The Model 323 stock will be based on the MCS-T. Once the design is completed, Tom will churn out a few stocks and the first six protos will be finished.

The finish options for the barreled action will be Black, OD Green and Dark Earth and the same colors will be available for the stocks. When ordering a rifle, the items to specify will be caliber (22LR, 17M2, 17HMR and 22WMR), barrel length (18, 20, and 22"), barrel contour (HB, LW or Suppressed), right or left hand, finish colors of barreled action and stock, Picatinny Rail with Rings or Two Piece Base with Rings and Skunkworks Cheek Pad.

Currently, I'm not planning to do other stocks for the Model 323 until production is up and running smoothly. Adjustments to options and custom features will be available as the additional developments are accomplished. If there are other options you would like to see, shoot me an e-mail and and I'll add them to the list. If you're interested in a one off Custom 323, send me the details and it can be done, but Custom builds will take a little longer and personalized serial numbers will be available for Custom builds.

I'll be offering a group buy here on SH with a price of $2395 for Broughton barreled rifles and $2195 for rifles with the new Skunkworks Rimfire Match Barrel. MSRP is $2595 and $2395 respectively.

Both rifles will carry an accuracy guarantee of 1/2 MOA at 75 yards with Match ammo. I plan to post photos of the completed barreled actions as soon as I get them completed.

Thanks and contact me anytime with any questions you may have...

Re: Stepping Up To the Plate

PM sent.

Very interesting... Where can we get some more information? Just checked your website, nothing there. Presumably, this will be a full-sized receiver group?

It would be nice to find an accurately-scaled trainer, without the price of a modified 40X. Repeating action makes it even more appealing. Gonna have to keep an eye on this!

Mike, that is awesome! Email inbound. So basically as soon as I get the FN back, I got to start scraping money together for you again. Maybe I should just start having my paychecks forwarded to Montana. Sound good?

Jesse

Jesse,
If you forward it to me I'll make sure you get an allowance each week.

I just got back from SHOT so I finished the thread gauge for your FN today and will be re-threading your receiver tomorrow for the new barrel. I cut the old threads out before I left and opened the receiver to the new minor diameter and then ran out of time. Still ahead of schedule as the barrel is due in next week....

My very own allowance, alright! Thanks for the update, that's great news. I hope you had a good time in Vegas while I was dealing with ice and bullshit here in Illinois
mad.gif
. Oh well, I'll be out of here soon enough. But I'm sure no one cares about our chatter, they're here to learn about your kickass .22. I'll talk to you later.

Jesse

it would seem that a lot of nice things are coming out of montana these days. Hmmmm
smile.gif

Good Shooting,
Gary

Good to meet you today, Mike; thanks for taking the time to chat with me, Boltripper, ToddACguy and TxHunter (Thoroughbred Rifles) about your latest products. I'm looking forward to your new precision rimfire bolt actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to meet you today, Mike; thanks for taking the time to chat with me, Boltripper, ToddACguy and TxHunter (Thoroughbred Rifles) about your latest products. I'm looking forward to your new precision rimfire bolt actions. </div></div>

Thanks B. and nice to meet you guys as well...I'll keep you posted on the rimfire projects and will have a few questions for you soon about the Custom 40X....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about calibers? Is this a 22LR training rifle thing only? Or will you be offering 17 HMR/22Mag as well with this? </div></div>

I'll be offering the 22LR first that will be 17M2 capable (with barrel change) and then I'll get the 22WMR action finished that will be 17HMR capable....Switch barrel versions would be a no-brainer....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested. Price? Release date? </div></div>

The 323 will be available first and I expect within the next two months followed by the 605. Pricing will be released within the next month or sooner....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to meet you today, Mike; thanks for taking the time to chat with me, Boltripper, ToddACguy and TxHunter (Thoroughbred Rifles) about your latest products. I'm looking forward to your new precision rimfire bolt actions. </div></div>

Thanks B. and nice to meet you guys as well...I'll keep you posted on the rimfire projects and will have a few questions for you soon about the Custom 40X.... </div></div>

Great, I also had a follow-up question re: your custom 40X...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pics are coming soon.... </div></div>

Thank you for my training in patience.

Couple of questions:
What is the method of barrel attachment? (I hope screw in)

Stainless steel?

What is the bolt lock-up method? (rear lug, single lug, etc.)

Remington style triggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

I am interested in the 600 series. Please add me to the list.

thanks
</div></div>

Will do....Thanks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of questions:
What is the method of barrel attachment? (I hope screw in)

Stainless steel?

What is the bolt lock-up method? (rear lug, single lug, etc.)

Remington style triggers? </div></div>

The barrel will be a screw on and the Model 605 will have two opposing locking lugs. The actions will be made out of 4320 and SS will be an option. The actions will accept any Remington style trigger....

I love you man!!

For what I need, stainless and screwed is king. What is the method of lock-up on the 323?

Any chance of using the Sako Quad mags so it could easily be built as a 22LR or 17 HMR?

Action only, barrel action, complete build?

Add me to the list as well.

Pat

Please add me to the list, I will be looking for something along these lines for when I get back to the states.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of using the Sako Quad mags so it could easily be built as a 22LR or 17 HMR?

Action only, barrel action, complete build?

Add me to the list as well.

Pat </div></div>

I'm already using magazines that allow you to feed the 17M2 with a 22LR Mag and 17HMR with a 22WMR mag. The 323 is offered as a complete build, but the 605 will be offered as an action, barreled action or complete build....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hangingchads</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to get some info on the 605 when it is available. </div></div>

What info would you like?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ruxeedo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add me to the list, I will be looking for something along these lines for when I get back to the states. </div></div>

Roger that....

Anything special about the stock or can we put a McMillan (or Manners) stock on order now set-up for a Remington 700 SA right hand bolt?

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now, thats the plan for the 605....The only kicker will be inletting for the DBM....I don't think I can make my DBM design match the Rem700SA floorplate inletting.... </div></div>
sounds like your using a 10/22 mag eh? it woud make sense, good mag, works and you can get the 22mag-17hmr ones aswell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now, thats the plan for the 605....The only kicker will be inletting for the DBM....I don't think I can make my DBM design match the Rem700SA floorplate inletting.... </div></div>
sounds like your using a 10/22 mag eh? it woud make sense, good mag, works and you can get the 22mag-17hmr ones aswell. </div></div>

Well Yes I am
grin.gif

I'm doing the mechanical modeling now for the rimfire bottom metal in conjunction with my SA CF DBM design. The two DBM's will share the same footprint, as the Rem700 footprint is too small for the rotary magazines for the rimfire. I am making an effort to make the inletting of a current Rem700 stock very easy with a manual mill if someone were wanting to convert an existing stock for the rimfire setup....

Skunk,
Can you offer the 323 as a bare action and bottom metal assembly?
I am wanting a light hunting rifle, not a trainer, and I'm not sure what your final build design will be.

I really like the rotary mag design.