• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

STI AR 15

johnl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2006
Wet Coast
Thoughts on STI's poodle shooter? Looking for a tack driver, no more that 300 yrds. I have an Armalite lower and magpul CTR already, should I just build my own or just get the STI. Thanks

Re: STI AR 15

I may be more inclined to go with a proven manufacturer and product. Just my two cents.

That said, STI has makes nice pistols and I'm sure that their AR would be up to par. However I wouldn't buy one just for the name.

Have you looked at the JP upper? It is a very quality product. The Armalite lower will pin right on.

Once again just my two cents.

I think the STI is nice so is the JP-15 but long wait times are going to be there although more and more AR's are showing up. I built mine from a Rock River Predator Pursuit, it's very accurate out of the box. I might add on a Giessele trigger

gun082.jpg

gun072.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact Scottmilk9 about one of his uppers and you will be good to go (I remember watching George Gardner pick one up off the prize table in NorCal in May if that tells you anything about Scott's stuff).
</div></div>

His uppers come with Mike Rock barrels as well as some other nice features.

I think they are nice enough. They make good pistols. However, you must ask yourself what you want. Many consider STI and JP as game guns. They don't offer some features of the traditional tactical guns.

Otherwise, they are generally good guns.