• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

drcrk0525

Private
Minuteman
  • Nov 3, 2017
    Hello, anybody have or shot an Omni. Considering it or the dvc limited. Was wondering how much flatter shooting the Omni was. Just going to be a toy.

I have one and I love it. Got it in 9 MM and it is the flattest shooting pistol I own. The slide is smooth as it gets, the trigger is very nice! With the built in Comp it stays flat ! I have other high end pistols to compare it to, it is nice!!

132A0FFB-983D-4676-8166-C2C3F721D244.png

I bought myself the 3-gun a few months ago as a retirement gift. STI's are simply amazing firearms and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Congratulations!

I needed extra mags for USPSA and 3-gun so I kept an eye on Brownells for free shipping and 10% off deals. With my mil/Leo discount, I ended up saving a nice little bit of change.
    MBX mags are stupid expensive and all of the STI mags I have run just fine.

Thank you. They are pretty amazing. All my LEO buddies are pretty impressed. I won’t be giving up my Glock 17 for duty anytime soon, but it’s going to be tough not to shoot this every range trip.

Is the Staccato quite a bit smaller than a G19, I have a Gen 5 and I just cant like it. I have always liked a 1911 and I cant decide between the DVC Carry or the Staccato.

I love it! everybody that shoots can’t believe how little it does recoil for a small gun. Great carry gun but the only down fall is the 8 round capacity.

What did you want to know? I can take other pictures of something if you would like.

The trigger is very close to the Omni. Good clean break and very short reset. Has the front red fiber optic which is very easy to pickup. The recoil impulse is very light. In other words, yes it is very accurate. I have only carried it a few times. I like carrying Ambi, and due to its thinner profile it carries much better than Glock 19 even tho the profile is very similar.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
    My buddy picked up an Omni and raves about it. Fastest and flattest 9mm he has ever shot. We have been trying to get up to the range at the same time but schedules have not worked out. Looking forward to trying it out.

Reactions: drcrk0525
    DRCRK0525 we have been an issued pistol department for years. When I started it was the Glock 22 then the 17. This past summer we got it changed to allow personally owned pistols and the Tactical is what I switched to. Finding a holster was my biggest issue. I found Longs Shadow Holsters which solved that issue.

I was issued the Glock 22 and we recently upgraded to to the gen 5 17. I found my Safariland als for my full rail 1911 works for the Omni. It was a little tight on the trigger guard, but used a heat gun on it and ran the gun in and out of it made it fit a lot better .

Reactions: LPD5408(2)
    I ended up ordering the sticatto carry because at that price it seems like a steal and it shot great. I tried the Omni as well and it is a night and day difference from my Edge. So flat and just enjoyable to shoot. I got to shoot the Omni and tartan tactical John wick 2011 back to back and I’d pick the Omni all day.

I’ve been looking at the atlas limited comp pistol and the Omni was close to identical to that gun at 1k less

Just shot the Omni today along with my Glock 17. We were doing some movement work with paper and a plate rack. It’s almost cheating using the Omni. I love it! The Staccato C for the money is probably the best bang for buck in the STI lineup.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    I ended up ordering the sticatto carry because at that price it seems like a steal and it shot great. I tried the Omni as well and it is a night and day difference from my Edge. So flat and just enjoyable to shoot. I got to shoot the Omni and tartan tactical John wick 2011 back to back and I’d pick the Omni all day.

I’ve been looking at the atlas limited comp pistol and the Omni was close to identical to that gun at 1k less
    Where did the Omni have the advantage over the Taran combat master?

The combat master had a 5.4 inch barrel but it just couldn’t keep the nose down like the comp and front sight post on the Omni. If price was not in the picture and I’m looking at comfort and speed to get a second shot off I would rate them worst to best- 45acp host, sticatto C, Edge, Combat master and Omni.

Don’t get me wrong I like my host and edge but I had to stop myself from buying the Omni the second after walking of the range

The sticatto C shot so well for the size and had very low recoil but it’s hard to compare to a full sized 2011