• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns STI Trojan vs Springfield Loaded Parkerized

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
I am going to get my 1st 1911 for Christmas. This gun will not be used for any kind of competition. I just want something fun to shoot. Which of these two pistols is better and why?

Re: STI Trojan vs Springfield Loaded Parkerized

I have become a huge STI fan oer the last 2 years and I own 3 now!!

I highly recommned them and you will not be disappointed with it!!

If money is no issue, then the STI. If you don't want to spend $1K on a pistol, then the Springfield. You can't really go wrong with either, though I think that Springfield's quality control has lapsed, at least on the 1911's, in the past few years.

I have a STI Trojan in 9mm. That is the definition of fun. Well built gun with an enhancement package from Dawson and I couldn't be happier. My Springfields (.45 ACP) have been more than servicable, but for mere shits and giggles, nothing compares to shooting 9mm out of a full size 1911.

I like the looks of the Springfield much better than the STI. I know looks is not as important as accuracy but for someone like me who can't shoot a pistol very well I probably won't be able to tell the difference. I just hope I can find one somewhere. From what I have been reading they are hard to get right now.

I know you haven't listed it but don't forget about Colt .

What ever you get as long as it's a sweet 1911 you will be happy and have a good pistol for life .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 243Varminter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the looks of the Springfield much better than the STI. I know looks is not as important as accuracy but for someone like me who can't shoot a pistol very well I probably won't be able to tell the difference. I just hope I can find one somewhere. From what I have been reading they are hard to get right now. </div></div>

Either one is likely to be more accurate than most shooters.

Get the STI, you wont regret it. Cry once.

I challenge you to find any manufactured product that is better made in Brazil than the U.S.A.

While I am not normally in the "buy American" camp, there's no doubt in my mind that we can and do produce a better product, if you're willing to pay for it.

Thanks for all the replies. I know STI was probably the better choice but I had my dealer order me a Springfield. As I said earlier I won't be winning any metals for my pistol accuracy but it is something I would like to work on. There is always something better for a couple hundred dollars more. The question is though will I be able to tell the difference? I wanted a parkerized Loaded but I had to settle for stainless because my dealer could not find one. I really didn't want anything flashy but I will take what I can get. Hopefully it will be here in a few days. I have already ordered 2 Wilson mags and some Black Hills ammo. Now I just need a holster and I will be good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I challenge you to find any manufactured product that is better made in Brazil than the U.S.A.

While I am not normally in the "buy American" camp, there's no doubt in my mind that we can and do produce a better product, if you're willing to pay for it. </div></div>

Are still most of the springfield 1911 made in Brazil? I haven't seen made in Brazil for a long time but maybe I only look at the higher end models?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I challenge you to find any manufactured product that is better made in Brazil than the U.S.A.

While I am not normally in the "buy American" camp, there's no doubt in my mind that we can and do produce a better product, if you're willing to pay for it. </div></div>

Are still most of the springfield 1911 made in Brazil? I haven't seen made in Brazil for a long time but maybe I only look at the higher end models? </div></div>

For sure some still are made in Brazil. My Micro-Compact is marked Brazil. As I understand it, N-prefix serial numbers are guns built in Brazil. NM is made from Brazilian forgings that are finished stateside. Hearsay, but that's the best I have.

I have owned both, The STI will be a much better pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I challenge you to find any manufactured product that is better made in Brazil than the U.S.A.

Are still most of the springfield 1911 made in Brazil? I haven't seen made in Brazil for a long time but maybe I only look at the higher end models? </div></div>

Not only are they made in Brazil, they are manufactured by a company that is owned by the Brazilian government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I challenge you to find any manufactured product that is better made in Brazil than the U.S.A.

Not only are they made in Brazil, they are manufactured by a company that is owned by the Brazilian government. </div></div>

Isn't that how Taurus came to be? Something about stolen tooling from Beretta?

I've been very happy with my Loaded Parkerized. I especially like the night sights. Great customer service too. I had to send it back because it was consitently shooting around 1.5" low. They changed out the front sights and did a free trigger job as well, as the trigger was a little stiff. Much better now, and it was ALL on their dime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been very happy with my Loaded Parkerized. I especially like the night sights. Great customer service too. I had to send it back because it was consitently shooting around 1.5" low. They changed out the front sights and did a free trigger job as well, as the trigger was a little stiff. Much better now, and it was ALL on their dime. </div></div>

Glad you're happy after they got two bites at the apple. Neither of my STIs have had to go back, and both work great.

Edit:

Nor has my Springfield for that matter, but it wasn't made in Brazil, either.

Never seen an STI compared with a Springfield. It's been a few years since I handled
an STI but at that time they were way ahead of a Springfield. The last one I shot
was in .40 and it's the only .40 that I've seen hang with 45 acp in accuracy on the
1911 platform.

My dealer got me a Loaded but it was the stainless model and I wanted the parkerized. He told me I was under no obligation since he ordered it before he told me how much it was going to cost. It also doesn't have the night sights. I decided to pass and just get an STI but now I don't know if that is the right decision. The stainless may be a better option for me since it will be less likely to rust. This is not going to be a carry gun and I will not be shooting any matches. If I decide I want it black I can always get it ceracoated. The night sights are also an easy fix. My problem is that I know the STI is a better pistol but it is going to cost at least 300.00 dollars more than the Springfield. I may just get the stainless Loaded anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I challenge you to find any manufactured product that is better made in Brazil than the U.S.A.

While I am not normally in the "buy American" camp, there's no doubt in my mind that we can and do produce a better product, if you're willing to pay for it.</div></div>

I would normally agree with you on that statement. If you're ever in the area, give me a holler and I'll let you fondle my Springfield Loaded Target 1911 in black stainless. The fit is tight, finish is flawless, and functionality is superb for $975 w/tax.

9218.jpg

9219.jpg

STI and post pics when u get it!