• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sticky Cases

B.A.C.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2011
IC
I run a Forster Co-Ax and Redding .308 Winchester dies. My problem is that the reloading process is not operating as smoothly as I think it should be. Below is a link to a video of what I'm experiencing. Hopefully someone can tell me if this is normal or not so that I will not damage my press or dies. Please excuse the poor video quality as this was made with a toaster oven.

VID_20130415_221054.mp4 - YouTube

Polish the expander ball..............or get a carbide expander button. Looks like you're using Redding dies, they make the carbide button you may need. JMO

Didn't see any lube on the outside of the case or inside the necks. Lube em up man, get you some imperial sizing wax.

It's just the expander ball hanging up on the way out after sizing the neck. Smear a little imperial inside the neck on every fifth case or so. The carbide expander kit is really worth it also.