• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sticky Game Changer

parkerg31

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2018
What do you guys think about it? I shot a match two weekends ago down at Altus and they had a stage sponsored by Armagaddon gear where you had to use the new sticky game changer and I loved it, but I was curious to get y'alls opinions. It seemed an equal amount of people loved it and hated it.

I haven't had a chance to pick one up yet, but I played with the fabric last year at the Precision Rifle Expo. I like the idea, and I'm planning to pick up a hybrid pint size when I get a chance so I can give it a try.

What would be the reason for hate?!

Allows you to shoot off of stuff you previously couldn’t where a plain nylon bag would slide off. Pretty cool to me. Looking forward to see one in person. I can see myself getting a pint sized one eventually

I'm having trouble picturing this. Can you give me an example of a position where a bag will slide off? The waxed canvas bags seem a lot less slick than the nylon ones.

I had thought about a small bag of rare earth magnets for shooting on stages where your position was off metal, because it would grab both and literally hold the rifle stable just by magnetic force, but then I played around with a prototype, and it was damn heavy to carry around on the off chance there was a stage off a vehicle or similar. I also think a regular game changer worked sufficiently well. In the end I threw it in a holster drawer.

Shooting off a broomstick :D:
52426197_2521164364592085_2122719991852695552_n__83280.1551394341.jpg

Reactions: jwood1284 and Fig
I'm having trouble picturing this. Can you give me an example of a position where a bag will slide off? The waxed canvas bags seem a lot less slick than the nylon ones.

I had thought about a small bag of rare earth magnets for shooting on stages where your position was off metal, because it would grab both and literally hold the rifle stable just by magnetic force, but then I played around with a prototype, and it was damn heavy to carry around on the off chance there was a stage off a vehicle or similar. I also think a regular game changer worked sufficiently well. In the end I threw it in a holster drawer.
So the stage that they had it on was two rockets (inert) crossing at a 45 degree Ange. The things were sick aircraft grade aluminum that a regular game changer would not hold on to at all it just slid down the side. The sticky one held on like a rock. The stage was like that on purpose to force people to use their bag. I don't know why some people didn't like it. The only response I could find was that there is a little to much fill and you couldn't get a good cushion for your gun.

I'm having trouble picturing this. Can you give me an example of a position where a bag will slide off?

Not often, but I’ve shot stages where you had to shoot from the brace of a prop (a 2x4 at a 45 degree angle). All I had at the time was a little rear bag, so I had to hold it in place.

The sticky game changer would also be ideal when shooting off the tops of the 4x4s on a tank trap. Less chance of sliding off.

I bought the Hybrid and have only one complaint: all of the dirt, grass, and crap that you don’t want sticking to your bag, sticking to your bag.

Same one we used! Do you wish you had the hybrid or do you like the full sticky?
Honestly, I've never even shot off of either version.
I just happened to come across that broom stick photo by Precision Rifle Division's
website and thought it captured the "grippy-ness" that is all the rage now.
I like to tinker making my own bags with various materials and fill and just recently bought some waxed canvas
....guess I'm a little behind in the latest and greatest.bags.jpg

I find there is a balance between good grippy and too sticky. It needs to grip stuff, not stick to it. That is one thing I hear.

I find there is a balance between good grippy and too sticky. It needs to grip stuff, not stick to it. That is one thing I hear.

@hereinaz Are you still making bags?

I need my first bag. I only want one. If you could only have one bag what would it be?

I have an OG Cordura gamechanger and just bought the hybrid last weekend.

The sticky/hybrids DEFINITELY have their use. Some of those odd stages like when you have to shoot from an angled 2x4 with no other support.
Some stages it makes it makes things more difficult, and helps at the same time.
I.E. Cattle gates. The sticky sides help it from rotating forward and backward if you can run it over and jam it sideways against the vertical beam, but the sticky bottom makes it harder to pull off of the rung.
The hybrid/sticky would maybe be better for some stages because it can mold or form better/easier to a weird obstacle, where the cordura one is a bit more stiff and keeps its form a bit better.

It is 100% not as stable as my cordura GC on a normal barricade. Not that its wobbly, but the OG is definitely better there IMO.

If I HAD to only use one bag, it would be the Cordura Gamechanger. But I dont carry much in my bag and have room for both, so thats what I pack.

More tools for the toolbox.

Reactions: elmuzzlebreak
@hereinaz Are you still making bags?

I need my first bag. I only want one. If you could only have one bag what would it be?

I am making bags, and will be releasing a redesign of my line. PM me and I'll walk you through what I have going on. I don't want to hijack this thread into one about my stuff.

I will say that when it comes to bags, I have played with lots. I have tried all sorts of fabrics and fills. I have gotten feedback from dozens of shooters, including PRS shooters, professional LEO and military.

I agree with the excellent point made above that there is no one solution for every person and no one solution for every barricade. I often match size/weight to personal preference, just like there is the OG and pint size, or the Fortune Cookie and Mini FC. Everyone likes something different. It is interesting to hear people run the same bag at a stage, and come away with different impressions. I have nothing but respect for the hard working companies out there churning out bags. I think mine do something different, otherwise I wouldn't have messed with them.

When it comes to design of the shape and fill, I think you want the material to be grippy, but not sticky. And, you want the structure of the bag to be the force that locks the grip to the barricade. With that, the bag is easy to move, maneuver, and stable once it is deployed.

The sticky bags will have limited purpose, IMO, for the reason mentioned above. It is too much of a good thing on some stages. But, for some people, it will be just the ticket given their shooting style.

I only have one experience with the sticky bag. We were shooting Alabama Precision in March, and one of the shooters had just bought one at the match. I politely asked him if I could check it out, and he kindly obliged. No sooner than he could hand it to me I dropped it in the dirt.

I picked it up and tried to wipe it clean...it looked like shake n bake chicken.

...it still had the tags on it.

I just said "I'm so sorry man, at least you know it works" and walked away with my head down.

Has anyone thought about a removable sticky ring, maybe using exercise bands? You could then loop then around the middle or one lobe as needed.

Attachments

• 51qwtoikBYL.jpg
    51qwtoikBYL.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: M76 and BJames
One improvement to the bag to asssit in the ease of movement off barricades would be one vertical handle running on each side so when you grab the bag it would unlock from the barricade on that side and easy in relocation.

Reactions: Sig Marine
I dont like it and i dont find it to be as effective at stabalizing my rifle as the wax canvased pint sized game changer with the 5lb heavy fill.....

Honestly, I've never even shot off of either version.
I just happened to come across that broom stick photo by Precision Rifle Division's
website and thought it captured the "grippy-ness" that is all the rage now.
I like to tinker making my own bags with various materials and fill and just recently bought some waxed canvas
....guess I'm a little behind in the latest and greatest.View attachment 7066861
Those are some nice bags!

So now that these sticky game changers have been out for a bit what's everyone thinking about them? I have a waxed canvas pint size that I use 95% of the time but I've been on the fence about getting a pint size sticky or some sort of fat bag (which I don't have any of). Do the stickies actually offer an overall marked advantage or is it one of those it'll come in handy for that one odd ball stage?

So now that these sticky game changers have been out for a bit what's everyone thinking about them? I have a waxed canvas pint size that I use 95% of the time but I've been on the fence about getting a pint size sticky or some sort of fat bag (which I don't have any of). Do the stickies actually offer an overall marked advantage or is it one of those it'll come in handy for that one odd ball stage?

I strongly prefer the waxed canvas over the sticky gamechangers. The material is super sticky, no denying that. I just feel I can't get as steady with the sticky material.

I strongly prefer the waxed canvas over the sticky gamechangers. The material is super sticky, no denying that. I just feel I can't get as steady with the sticky material.
Do you find yourself having to apply more pressure to move the gun because it's gripping so much?

I got a pint sized sticky bag to use as a rear bag. I can't even tell it's there when clipped to the rifle it's so light.. But I do notice all the shit that sticks to it... Sand, pebbles, stickers, dead bugs, grass.
That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to be constantly picking up crud. I do wish I could have my waxed canvas pint size filled with some Git Lite.

Makes sense. I'm on the fence if it's worth it. I can get plenty stable with both bolt and AR rifles using my waxed pint size but not sure if the sticky will give me a measured improvement.

Reactions: Speer84