• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sticky Powder?

TommyD11730

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
Alright, maybe not sticky but check this out.
I broke down some 223 I loaded about a year... maybe 2 years ago. Once fired LC brass, winchester primers and Varget powder. Rounds stored in my home, not climate controlled but I don't live in a swamp either.
After pulling the 69SMKs I inverted the brass and the powder wouldn't come out, even when lightly tapping inverted. I had to put a tiny screwdriver into the cases to get the powder "unstuck" and out.
Not a compressed load.. so I'm wondering is this normal?
Powder looked fine once I got it out and in a pan to look it over.

Common enough. Shake it all up and ould never be able to tell the difference. Ie even opened up a jug that sat for a couple years and had set up or whatever, a quick shake and it was back to normal.

Did you let your powder read a playboy before you loaded it in the case?

• Haha
Reactions: bbhank
Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 1.32.53 PM.png

not sure about sticky powder but i have noticed that some bounces better than others.. I use an Auto Trickler V2
Example: When I load Varget, kernels of powder bounce everywhere. makes a damn mess. When I load H4350, there is an occasional kernel or two on the scale but nothing significant..

Conclusion Varget has flubber in it..

Reactions: TommyD11730
Same issue with Varget I pulled from some 308. I used a paperclip. As soon as it broke contact spilled out like new. I've reloaded and shot that same powder w/o a problem.