• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Still 5" high @ 100 yds with elevation bottomed

mseanmc

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
I tried zeroing my new setup today, but was still 5" high at 100 yds when my elevation adjustment was bottomed out. Here is the setup:

Rem 700 AAC-SD Brake out in a Manners T4A w/mini-chassis
Badger scope rail w/20 MOA cant
Vortex Razor rings (1.00 height)
Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50

Any thoughts on how to correct the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Still 5" high @ 100 yds with elevation bottomed

scope touching the barrel? post a pic of your set up

Shimming it would work but I don't know if thats the BEST idea. Surely a good smith will chime in and tell you a better idea. My first ever precision rifle.(savage 308) did the same thing and we used fine strips of alluminum to get it on target. But I had less than par equipment. You seem to have good stuff though. I sure hope you get it worked out. Good luck

It isn't touching the Barrel, I have about a qtr inch of clearance. I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know how to post pictures to the forum...

I would think the front of your mount needs to be shimmed a bit. Also I'm guessing your rem is a 308 you don't need a canted mount in the first place with that scope.

Doesn't that scope have a zero stop?

... Oops, sorry for doubling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you release the zero-stop?</div></div>

^ this

It does have a ZS. I was under the assumption that it wasn't set, but this could certainly be the reason I can't get the POI to drop lower than it did at the range. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to give that a shot in the morning.