• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Still needs paint, but...

crom762

Private
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2008
IN. USA
The build is as follows:
• Surgeon 591 action
• Shilen select match #7 1/12
• Surefire MB762-211C
• Mcmillan A-4 USMC stock
• Badger M5
• Jewell trigger
• Built By Mark Penrod (Penrod Precision)

Re: Still needs paint, but...

Is that a USMC return stock or a normal A4 stock? Just wondering because I'm curious how much you paid for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice build, well chosen parts</div></div>
Thanks BigJoe

I believe it is a USMC "spec" stock I had it shipped from Canada as McMillan didn't want to sell me one with only OD molded in. The stock was 795+ shipping.

i hate you. but i love your rifle
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hate you. but i love your rifle
wink.gif
</div></div>
LMAO thx I think... Just remember everything's for sale for the right price
wink.gif

Now is the question of who to have coat it and what color. I am thinking Mike @ SAC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PESTRIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the paint scheme gonna be?</div></div>

Not a 100% maybe OD with blk accents? I also thought about patriot brown cerakote just not sure how that would look with OD stock. Feel free to shoot some ideas my way. I like ionbond but not sure the bast place to have it done, and I don't want it to be w/out my rifle for a few more months..!

Do it yourself. It's easy and it gives you a lot of gratification plus it never leaves your side.

Looks good...like mine! I've been interested in these Surefire breaks. Might I ask what length your barrel is and what's the diameter at the end of the barrel just before the break? Mine is .990", five-eigths back...wonderin' if I could even run one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good...like mine! I've been interested in these Surefire breaks. Might I ask what length your barrel is and what's the diameter at the end of the barrel just before the break? Mine is .990", five-eigths back...wonderin' if I could even run one.</div></div>

I was wondering if the break was worth the apx 300.00 and IMO worth every penny. Not that a 308 even "hot" loads has much recoil. The big gain I saw was less horizontal shift a lot faster follow up shots.

As far as the barrel mine is .965 behind the break. The barrel is 22" w/ break it finishes out @ 24" 23" from the lug.

It will work on your rifle you'll just need a gunsmith to install it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do it yourself. It's easy and it gives you a lot of gratification plus it never leaves your side. </div></div>

I agree. I have sprayed a few rifles, to include issue weapons with a fair amount of success. I just want something a little more protective underneath the Krylon.

Very nice!!!
wink.gif

Tony