• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Action?

theriddler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
South Dakota
Was looking at building a custom rifle using the R700 action but than i came accross the Stiller Group buy. Would i be better off starting with the stiller action?

I plan on dropping it in an Accuracy International AX Chassis. If it drops right into R700's it should fit an R700 AX chassis right?

Also im looking at building a 7mm Mag, or 6.5 Creedmore. Which action would i need?

Thanks for the assistance

Re: Stiller Action?

If 6.5 Creed, you need a Tac30 with a .473"(.308) bolt-head. For the 7mm Remington Magnum, you'll need a Tac300 with magnum bolt-head.

I believe the stiller actions are 700 foot-print except the Tac338 action is slightly longer and larger than a 700, requiring a different inlet. I do believe the Stiller side bolt-release needs opened up around if using a conventional stock, but I could be wrong. I haven't used an AX chassis.

I responded to your PM and yes it is Rem 700 Footprint so it will drop into any Rem 700 cut stock or Chassis system.

Thank you for the help Sledge. Still a bit confused on the magazine situation.

If i go Tac30 or Tac300 which brand magazine would i need? Or should i just go Tac30 A/W since im putting it in an AX Chassis?
Is there a Tac300 A/W?

I'm building almost the same set-up as you, expect I'm going with 6.5x47 Lapua. I have a Stiller TAC 30 action going into an AI AX chassis. The AX chassis uses it's own magazine, which is magazine the AX AICS 5 Round or 10 magazine. The magazine are different the AI mags I use in my GAP. The TAC 30 is short action ( what I think you need) and the TAC 300 is a long action. The TACTICAL 30 A/W is for double stack magazines. I'm not sure if that will work in the AX chassis. Call Stiller to find out, call 972-429-5000 to talk to Russ or Jerry. Hope this helps.

No Tac300 A/W. If you are going to run DBM in a short action then TAC30 A/W is the way to go. You can use both the AI style and AW style mags.

I decided on the Tac300 for the 7mm Mag. Now i just gotta figure out which barrel to stick on it.

Oh and gotta go look for an AI AX Chassis.
laugh.gif

Here,s what i,m doing
Eliseo RTS CHassis
defiance MUTANT action

Action made specifically for Chassis, plus i prefer action totally enclosed vs open and longer tenon vs 700 clone.