• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Ejector issues

Trapshooter12

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2009
Nevada
I have a Stiller short action that is ten years old. I have always thought the ejector was weak.

Out of ten rounds it might eject seven of them two feet out at 90 degrees from the Rifle. Then it might throw one about 10 degree out toward the front of the Rifle with authority. Then the next two won't eject at all.

The ejector was weak you could push it in with your finger so we re placed that. We replaced the extractor.

The type of shooting and hunting I do didn't require a lot of running from the Rifle.

I was actually shocked by the other thread about wearing out an action.
This Action has north of about 20 thousand rounds.

I had two Tac 30s... once. All sorts of ejection issues and bolt stop issues. Some claim also that the cut at the front of the ejection port can contribute to catching the necks and forcing the case from ejecting properly (I can neither confirm nor deny this). The builder could never solve the problems and eventually replaced both actions with Deviants. And apparently Stiller's customer service was not the best (even facing their distributors) and that builder was phasing out using Stiller actions - for CS but mainly their customers complained about everything above.