• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Precision / Viper Actions

Re: Stiller Precision / Viper Actions

i'd recommend picking up a phone. i personally think they are great to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd recommend picking up a phone. i personally think they are great to deal with. </div></div>

+1 Jerry is fantastic, as are his actions.

Jerry is the first guy I call when looking for an action. As for the Viper I have one of the Drop port Vipers on my 6.5x47 600 yard BR rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone do business with Stiller's Precision Firearms, and if so, then would you recommend them? I'm interested in their Viper Actions, and I sent 2 e-mails to them in the past 2 weeks and never received a response. Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Sometimes the emails fall through the cracks. We have 3 of us looking at them and thats a problem I need to fix. I see you are local. Give me a call or try email again. Hopefully we can get together soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone do business with Stiller's Precision Firearms, and if so, then would you recommend them? I'm interested in their Viper Actions, and I sent 2 e-mails to them in the past 2 weeks and never received a response. Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Sometimes the emails fall through the cracks. We have 3 of us looking at them and thats a problem I need to fix. I see you are local. Give me a call or try email again. Hopefully we can get together soon. </div></div>

I'll e-mail again or call.... Yes, I am local (Lewisville), so I was hoping I could come by the shop... Thanks!

I guess I'm the oddball here. I've had my action on order with Stiller for over a year now. When I called about mid year (not sure), I was told the order was lost and that I would be at the top of the list for the next production run. A December delivery date was given. In December when I check on the progress, I'm told that the may have to switch out the action I ordered. I agreed if that would speed things up. My gunsmith calls not long after that and was told it would ship in 10 days and that it was being coated. That was a month ago. The project has been ready to go for a while now waiting on the action. I'm not impressed with their customer service. Another local gunsmith has had similar problems and will not buy their actions any more. This one on order will be my first and last, no matter what the final quality is. In their defense, I will say that the price went up between me ordering the action and calling them back midyear. Not only did they say they will honor the original price, but they said they would take $50 off.

Buds your story doesn't make me feel too bad now. I've had a Stiller action on order from Last April, not quite a year but getting there. I was first told that they didn't manufacturer my action, because it was missed. Same story about the coating I got that back in December.I'm still standing by.

Very good actions. You will be happy with your custom build. I use them and have never had any problems.

They are good guys
just give them a call. they were pretty busy when i picked up my action

Well just a follow up, I guess my bolt , which was supposed to go out over Christmas to get coated didn't make it. A couple more weeks. Good thing patience is a virtue.

I am sorry that you got caught up in this delay mess. First of all, left hand actions just seem to take longer due to the way they are batched. The Canada export thing doesnt help either, although in this case it didnt matter. I thought the bolts were at the coaters before xmas, but my assembler didnt get them done before he quit. We are behind in assembly due to Adam leaving, but we are getting good people up to snuff as soon as possible. I would rather make sure the job is right and not have issues then to push it. The left handed action bolts are in a batch being lapped this week and will be coated next. Hopefully we will get back up to speed in the near future and put these assembly problems behind us. I will get this action and all the others to you guys in Canada as soon as I can. Thanks for the patience. (it is definately a virue. I just received some stocks from my supplier that are a little behind also and a VLTOR upper ordered in 2008
smile.gif
)

I'm in for the "long haul" I purchased a Stiller based on reputation,so the delay is just a minor inconvenience.Most of my parts didn't come together until the last couple of months anyway.Being a lefty is a PIA, so I know that it takes a little longer.
I'm standing by. Thanks for the update. Good luck with he new staff.

Mr Stiller-

I've had my action on order for about 14 months now. I've been given several dates that it would be finished by. I've had the barrel ready for some time now and my stockmaker is on standby waiting. My reamer, gauges, and reloading supplies have been ready for some time now as well. All I need is an action to move forward on this project. Any idea when my specific order will be ready? Please PM me.

-Jeff Rorer

I just had my shipping person check on the order and seen you have 2 single shot lapuas on order. We completely redesigned the bolt to have a new handle attachment method. That took a few tries and basically took a lot longer then we thought. We now have a great system with the strength of a one piece bolt and the cost of a soldered one. We built about 20 repeaters and verified the system works. Another batch of Lapuas is in work now. Single shots are in this run. I am sorry about the delay, but the redesign had some snags and we didnt want to put out sub standard parts. I dont have an exact date, but hopefully they will be soon. We are setting up another pair of mills to run bodies which will double our production. We are also adding at least 2 more people in assembly. The OEM orders have been piling in, and unfortunatley we have to give them some priority as they are what keep us in business and help keep the costs down for the rest. I apologize as I know how frustrating it can be, I am right in there with you on the 80 hours or more a week I dedicate to this effort.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mildot326</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in for the "long haul" I purchased a Stiller based on reputation,so the delay is just a minor inconvenience.Most of my parts didn't come together until the last couple of months anyway.Being a lefty is a PIA, so I know that it takes a little longer.
I'm standing by. Thanks for the update. Good luck with he new staff. </div></div>

It is on its way to Canada. Sorry about the delays etc. I knocked some $$ off to try and make up for it some. Thanks.

I don't own any Stiller actions: so maybe that makes me a neutral party.
smile.gif
Their reputation is best in the industry. Plenty of companies own CNC machines. Some companies know how to use them and keep them in tolerance: Stiller is one of them.

This company has shipped me 4 actions including one left hand repeater.Everything went very smooth i would highly recommend them to anybody, customer service has been excellent.You can almost always expect delays with custom parts and manufacturing.I have several other custom actions from other manufactures, none arrived any sooner than did the stillers hope this helps.Great company great products.