• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Predator Receiver question

Eastbay

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2013
Navarre, FL
I was inquiring about a Stiller Predator Long action receiver and was told that only their one piece scope bases will fit/work. Is this true? If it is, this really blows since I was wanting to get a Badger 45 moa base. Thanks ahead of time.

Mike

The rear of the stiller isn't cut down like a Remington. They sell their own bases that have additional dowel pins in them (at least mine came that way). You could use two R700 front bases (from a 2 piece set) of you are in a bind.

Stiller's bases only go up to 30 moa right? I'm going for 45 moa and additional moa in the rings the get the most I can with my ATACR to get the most adjustment out of it and keeping as much elevation as possible after a 100 yard zero.

Ken Farrell also makes a base for these. No 100%, but pretty sure the stiller rails are aluminum; the Farrell are steel.

Stiller's bases only go up to 30 moa right? I'm going for 45 moa and additional moa in the rings the get the most I can with my ATACR to get the most adjustment out of it and keeping as much elevation as possible after a 100 yard zero.

You could run an AI 18moa ringmount on top of the 30moa rail would give you about the same cant.

On my remington 700 I have a near base (20moa I believe) and in the near Alphamount I have 25moa for a combined 45moa, which is designed for the 5-25 bender(mil turret version).

Ken Farrell also makes a base for these. No 100%, but pretty sure the stiller rails are aluminum; the Farrell are steel.
I saw those, and only see him selling Stiller's and they only go up to 20 moa on his page. Anyone know where I can find a 45 moa base that will fit on a stiller predator action?

Give Murphy Precision a call, they make bases and rings from 304 stainless and titanium.

Thanks, I'll give them a try. I only see 0, 10 and 20 moa listed on their site, bust just sent them an email.

Give them a call on Monday, I am sure he will make whatever you want at no additional cost. I called him 2 Friday's ago looking for 2 Borden Alpine 20 deg. bases and he said they were not in stock, but he would make them that afternoon. Shipped them Sat. afternoon from Calif. and they arrived Wed. afternoon in Pa.

Give them a call on Monday, I am sure he will make whatever you want at no additional cost. I called him 2 Friday's ago looking for 2 Borden Alpine 20 deg. bases and he said they were not in stock, but he would make them that afternoon. Shipped them Sat. afternoon from Calif. and they arrived Wed. afternoon in Pa.

Wow, that's customer service right there. Thanks, I definitely will.

Eastboy

Call Cameron at Murphy Precision as mentioned by other members. He can make what ever you want. 33moa, 41moa or what ever. He built one for my Bighorn in titanium, it's a work of art.

Darren

Eastboy

Call Cameron at Murphy Precision as mentioned by other members. He can make what ever you want. 33moa, 41moa or what ever. He built one for my Bighorn in titanium, it's a work of art.

Darren

Nice! Thanks for the info guys.

Give Murphy Precision a call, they make bases and rings from 304 stainless and titanium.
Eastboy

Darren

Just got off of the phone with Cameron not long ago, and the new scope base should be done and ready to go out tomorrow! Thanks for the hook up guys. I'm keeping this contact.