• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stiller reciever

Lrush

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2012
Alabama
What are the reciever threads on a tac 30 or tac 300 action?are they the same as a remington 1-1/16 x 16?

The guys at Stiller put thread & headspace info up on their website, with good drawings to back it up.

I was thinking of replacing my remington action with a stiller,was wondering if my barrel would screw in there,I know it would have to be head spaced.

Double check to the action though. The blueprint stiller sent me said .740" for the bolt nose recess dia. Ended up being a misprint I luckily measured it and cut it to the .705".

Double check to the action though. The blueprint stiller sent me said .740" for the bolt nose recess dia. Ended up being a misprint I luckily measured it and cut it to the .705".

If the bolt has a M16-style extractor, then the 0.740" dimension for the bolt recess was correct (the extractor will pivot outwards beyond the bolt OD when it snaps over the cartridge rim).

I'm pretty sure it's the mini 16 extractor that I have. I talked to stiller and told them what I had and the blueprint they sent me read .740" and even when snapping over a case the extractor never extends past the bolt body. I'm sure it's different with the standard m16 extractor. I'm just saying to make sure you check measurements to the part in hand.

It is not a misprint. For the magnum cases, it needs to be 0.740. The 308 and 223 can get by smaller, but will hit on a magnum for sure. The larger diameter doesnt hurt anything.