• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Tac 30 308W / 6.5x47 Lap

GrouchyOT

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2021
Australia
Hi Guys,
Question from down under.
What's is the general position or attitude toward rifles with interchangeable barrels? In particular The Stiller Tac 30 in 308/6.5x47 Lapua.
I like the idea and it would actually serve me well for hunting and competition shooting, noting I am not a serious comp shooter.
Just wondering what the general consensus is? Or whether it is better just to stick to having one in 308 and another in 6.5?
Thanks guys

Sounds like you have it already figured out. Good combination if that’s what you want. You can do anything you want so long as it works for you.

that one on UG is quite nice for the price. Switch barrels have their place for sure.
Like you said Hunt with the 308 and target or comps with the 6.5

that one on UG is quite nice for the price. Switch barrels have their place for sure.
Like you said Hunt with the 308 and target or comps with the 6.5
You know which one i'm looking at :) I was just wondering if those switch barrel systems work? I'm guessing being a stiller then it is pretty good quality.

Reactions: M77
Mate your gunsmith can set up any action to be switch barrel….as long as have vice and action wrench. 👍🏼👍🏼
This is what I do.
I cut them to the action so I can just screw them off and on as needed.
I have a 7 saum and 338 edge barrels for my Nuke.

If your smith is good he’ll take notes on the first barrel and then can even cut barrels without the action in hand.

Reactions: M77