• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stiller TAC 30 bolt stop/release binding

Punkur67

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2019
    I am having an issue with my Stiller TAC 30 bolt stop binding. I can not depress it to remove my bolt without tapping on it. after I tap on it the release moves freely. As soon as I cycle the bolt it binds up again. Have any of you encountered this issue?

I’m assuming this is the side bolt release. Have you taken it out to see if there is a kink in the spring or some other issue you can’t see? It’s a pretty simple item might see something by removing it.

Last edited:
    I’m assuming this is the side bolt release. Have you taken it out to see if there is a kink in the spring or some other issue you can’t see? It’s a pretty simply item might see something by removing it.
    Yes a side release.

The roll pin is likely bent a bit...... I've run into the exact same thing from working the bolt hard.

drive in a new roll pin and the problem will be solved.....

I had the same issue. Running the bolt too hard will bend the roll pin. Stiller will hook you up if you give them a call.

The roll pin is likely bent a bit...... I've run into the exact same thing from working the bolt hard.

drive in a new roll pin and the problem will be solved.....
    Thank you!